Lieutenant General Edward C. Cardon, Director, Office of Business Transformation Official Biography
By U.S. ArmyDecember 2, 2016
Lieutenant General Edward C. Cardon was born in Texas, raised in California and was commissioned as an Engineer Officer from the United States Military Academy in 1982.
LTG Cardon has commanded at every level from company through Army Service Component Command. Some of his assignments include Observer/Controller at the National Training Center; Strategist to the Army Chief of Staff; Commander, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3d Infantry Division; Deputy Commandant, US Army Command and General Staff College; Deputy Commanding General (Support), United States Forces -- Iraq; Commanding General, 2d Infantry Division, Republic of Korea; and Commanding General, US Army Cyber Command and 2d Army.
LTG Cardon has deployed in support of IFOR/SFOR Bosnia-Herzegovina and on four separate occasions in support of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM.
His education includes a Bachelor of Science Degree from the United States Military Academy and two Masters Degrees - one from the National War College and the other from the United States Naval Command and Staff College, both in National Security and Strategic Studies.
Lieutenant General Cardon is married and has three children.
- March 7, 2019Navy Pilots Educate, Inspire Texas A&M NROTC Students in College Station
- March 7, 2019Chief of the General Staff to War College students: US Army is the British Army's primary partner
- March 6, 2019Army Senior Leaders Send - Don't be a Bystander
- March 5, 2019Soldiers from "Phantom Battalion" train with their commanding general during battle assembly
- March 5, 201965 faculty authors contribute to body of Army professional knowledge
- March 5, 2019Granddaughter of famed General Patton visits 101st Airborne Division
- March 3, 2019Engineers, Logisticians build new unit
- February 27, 2019JMC Updates AMC Commanding General
- February 26, 2019Early investment in American youth pays dividends for future generations, IG says
- February 26, 2019General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital Earns ACR Accreditation
- February 15, 2019Medical reserve unit plays critical role in Soldier deployment
- February 14, 2019101st Airborne Division Welcomes New Commanding General
- February 13, 2019Major General Shachnow brief history
- February 11, 2019Joint training with Jordan a 'win-win,' says General Lengyel
- February 7, 2019EPA and Army Announce Public Hearing on Proposed New "Waters of the United States" Definition
- February 6, 2019Reenlistment unites two generations of Army