INSCOM Soldier attends Redskins game as part of Salute to Service
By Sgt. Jeff StorrierNovember 22, 2016
FORT BELVOIR, Virginia -- An Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Soldier attended the Washington Redskins' Salute to Service Military Appreciation game against the Green Bay Packers at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, Nov. 20.
Pvt. Stephanie Roman was selected by the INSCOM Headquarters and Headquarters Company command team to attend the nationally televised game, taking in the action from executive/club level seating after enjoying a pre-game VIP event in the stadium's Party Pavilion.
"Pvt. Roman is an integral part of our INSCOM team," said INSCOM HHC's 1st Sgt. Peter Novak. "This was a great opportunity to recognize our Soldier for the hard work and dedication she provides to our force every day."
The 20 year-old military police officer was excited to attend her first professional football game as part of the Salute to Service campaign.
"I felt that I was very much a part of a special event," Roman said. "There were announcements every couple of minutes thanking service members and their families. It felt good to know the support the troops have."
Attending a National Football League game with so many extra perks was an amazing experience for Roman, who attended the game with her husband.
"We're so grateful to have been given the opportunity to be a part of this event," she said. "It was an amazing night."
- August 13, 20202-4th Field Artillery rallies to win Camp Casey softball title
- August 12, 2020Soldiers could teach future robots how to outperform humans
- August 6, 2020INSCOM welcomes 16th Command Sergeant Major
- August 5, 2020Resilient World Class Soldier-athletes train for Olympics despite COVID-19
- July 14, 2020Army looks to better attract gaming industry for training simulations
- July 2, 2020The ‘crown jewel’ of the United States Army changes command
- June 26, 2020Cyber battalion Unit Ministry Team wins INSCOM top UMT honors
- June 23, 2020FamilyMWR to kick off 12-week esports tournament
- June 22, 2020‘Game-changing’ virtual health care saves Soldier’s life
- June 18, 2020Army researchers take proactive approach to cybersecurity
- June 15, 2020Childhood tumor leads hockey player to health care career, the Army, and COVID-19 battle
- June 15, 2020ACC-RI supports Army’s cyber defense
- June 12, 2020INSCOM celebrates the U.S. Army’s 245th Birthday
- May 22, 2020INSCOM honors fallen heroes with virtual Memorial Day ceremony