SecDef Underscores Commitment to Increase Energy Security
By U.S. ArmyOctober 28, 2016
PENTAGON - Secretary of Defense Ashton B. Carter underscores the Department of Defense's commitment to increasing energy security for the Warfighter.
The October 13, 2016 memorandum announces Energy Action Month and highlights how Energy Security underwrites the Services' unique ability to train, rapidly deploy, employ, and sustain military forces around the globe.
Ensuring the Department's forces have the energy they require is a fundamental enabler of national security, said Secretary Carter.
Secretary Carter highlights progress to date, including almost doubling the use of renewable energy since 2012 at military fixed installations, and becoming more efficient to both enhance resilience and to reduce operating costs.
Even with this progress, Secretary Carter emphasizes the need to build on the Department's record of accomplishment, and for each of us to continue to take an active role.
- June 20, 2018DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT for the Proposed Construction of a Perimeter Security Fence JOINT BAS
- June 18, 2018'Tropic Lightning' Soldiers conduct EIB Testing Day 4
- June 18, 2018Pulling security
- June 18, 2018pulling security during a simulated attack
- June 18, 2018Pulling security in a chemical attack
- June 15, 2018Gate security a top priority for Fort Jackson
- June 15, 2018Army secretary releases reduction requirement memos to improve readiness
- June 14, 2018On Army's 243rd birthday, leadership looks toward the future
- June 14, 2018ANAD energy program is kicking some BTUs
- June 13, 2018SFAB adds 'extensive tactical depth' in first 100 days in Afghanistan, commander says
- June 11, 2018Mattis stresses unity in meeting collective security threats
- June 11, 2018Reconnaissance and security excursion: Sustaining the fight at the National Training Center
- June 5, 2018Army Secretary Esper announces 'Army Vision' for 2028
- June 5, 2018Training a brigade support battalion for the reconnaissance and security brigade combat team fight
- June 4, 2018Forces Command Equal Employment Opportunity Director Receives Army Award
- June 2, 2018D-Day 74: Honoring the past to secure the future