SecDef Underscores Commitment to Increase Energy Security
By U.S. ArmyOctober 28, 2016
PENTAGON - Secretary of Defense Ashton B. Carter underscores the Department of Defense's commitment to increasing energy security for the Warfighter.
The October 13, 2016 memorandum announces Energy Action Month and highlights how Energy Security underwrites the Services' unique ability to train, rapidly deploy, employ, and sustain military forces around the globe.
Ensuring the Department's forces have the energy they require is a fundamental enabler of national security, said Secretary Carter.
Secretary Carter highlights progress to date, including almost doubling the use of renewable energy since 2012 at military fixed installations, and becoming more efficient to both enhance resilience and to reduce operating costs.
Even with this progress, Secretary Carter emphasizes the need to build on the Department's record of accomplishment, and for each of us to continue to take an active role.
- August 10, 2018Teens tackle relationships, mentoring and other vital issues at Army CYS Youth Leadership Forum
- August 9, 2018Renewable energy collection blossoms at Fort Benning
- August 9, 2018Energy management saves millions, receives recognition
- August 8, 2018Ms. Deana Funderburk, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Policy and Legislation)
- August 8, 2018Women's Equality: Press for Progress
- August 7, 2018New DOD policy prohibits GPS-enabled devices in deployed settings
- August 6, 2018Army secretary visits Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk
- August 3, 2018Fort Benning Career Skills Program reaches new heights
- August 1, 2018August is Antiterrorism Awareness Month
- July 31, 2018Under Secretary of the Army visits SFAB Soldiers
- July 30, 2018Program Manager for SANG brought the energy everyday
- July 26, 201885th Support Command observes RC training, highlights OC/T partnership with First Army
- July 24, 2018Army lab hosts West Point professor for energy research
- July 23, 2018Secretary of the Army pays visit to 38th ID Guard members
- July 19, 2018Army secretary outlines Rock Island Arsenal future during visit
- July 19, 2018Army makes inroads toward tripling the energy of explosives