Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsOctober 19, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2016 deployment of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas, to the Republic of Korea with approximately 3,500 soldiers as part of the regular rotation of forces.
The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"I am exceptionally proud of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat team," stated Brig. Gen. Patrick D. Frank, deputy commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division. "The Devil brigade has proven themselves while conducting rigorous training during Danger Focus at home station and at the National Training Center. The leaders and soldiers of this great brigade are well-trained and fully prepared for this important mission to South Korea."
For more information on the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Kimeisha McCullum, 1st Infantry Division public affairs officer at: email@example.com, 785-239-3615.
- November 15, 2017French Town Dedicates WWII Memorial to 103rd Infantry
- November 15, 2017USAG Bavaria readies fleet for journey home
- November 14, 2017First Army Soldier highlights importance of Veterans Day for local students
- November 11, 2017'Dagger' Brigade Soldiers team up with Polish basketball players for an exhibition game.
- November 9, 20173ABCT Leaders conduct reintegration training
- November 9, 20173ABCT logisticians take lead on readiness
- November 9, 2017I Corps Medical Staff at Command Post Exercise
- November 9, 20172d Cavalry Regiment hosts first NATO Motorized Infantry Forum
- November 8, 2017I Corps Command Post Exercise
- November 3, 20171st SFAB Assesses Candidates
- November 3, 2017Dagger Brigade teaches First Aid in Poland
- November 2, 2017'Lifeline' Soldiers strengthen readiness with small-arms training
- October 30, 2017'Devil' brigade Soldiers train on various weapons to build readiness
- October 30, 2017Sustainment community flexes muscle during armor rotation
- October 26, 2017First Army Soldiers support Head Start program in Mississippi
- October 24, 2017US and Polish Cavalry troops participate in Patch Ceremony