Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsOctober 19, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2016 deployment of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas, to the Republic of Korea with approximately 3,500 soldiers as part of the regular rotation of forces.
The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team to support the United States Forces-Korea's commitment to our Republic of Korea partners.
"I am exceptionally proud of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat team," stated Brig. Gen. Patrick D. Frank, deputy commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division. "The Devil brigade has proven themselves while conducting rigorous training during Danger Focus at home station and at the National Training Center. The leaders and soldiers of this great brigade are well-trained and fully prepared for this important mission to South Korea."
For more information on the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team's deployment, contact Lt. Col. Kimeisha McCullum, 1st Infantry Division public affairs officer at: email@example.com, 785-239-3615.
- September 21, 20171st SFG (A) host Seattle Seahawks at JBLM
- September 19, 20171st SFG (A) Host Seattle Seahawks at JBLM
- September 19, 20171st SFG (A) Trains with 7ID at NTC
- September 19, 2017First-ever Desert Observer exercise enhances historic partnership between US Army, Kuwait
- September 17, 2017Infantrymen relieved, earned Expert Infantry Badge
- September 14, 2017International officers training at Fort Leavenworth visit Fort Riley for tour
- September 14, 2017Fort Riley 9/11 Ceremony remembers those lost, honors those still fighting
- September 14, 2017Meet the Army's 'Dungeon Dragons': the first line of defense on the Korean penninsula
- September 13, 20173-29 FA Soldiers Conduct Direct Fire Exercise
- September 11, 2017Colorado National Guard deploys mountain infantry to Slovenia for Triglav Star Exercise
- September 10, 2017TF Spearhead Command Team Attends First Briefing
- September 9, 2017Fort Stewart prepares for Hurricane Irma
- September 8, 2017Brains behind Fort Riley's Victory Fest 2017
- September 8, 2017Fort Riley child development center exceeds standards, passes accreditation
- September 8, 2017Housing the Force training event returns to Fort Riley
- September 6, 2017Oregon National Guard first in Army's Net Zero Energy pilot program