CSM Cuvellier to 'Best Barracks' Soldiers: 'Make it your home'
By Cornelia Summers, USAG Ansbach Public AffairsOctober 12, 2016
ANSBACH, Germany (Oct. 12, 2016) -- A barracks at Bismarck Kaserne was recognized today as the "Best Barracks of the Quarter" within U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach by Command Sgt. Maj. Derek R. Cuvellier, USAG Ansbach command sergeant major, and a jury of first sergeants.More than 60 Soldiers from throughout the garrison -- from the Military Police, law center, medical and dental clinic, and the veterinary offices of the 12th Combat Aviation Brigade -- took the personal initiative to earn the title for their building and living quarters.A total of more than 310 rooms and three buildings where judged for the fourth quarter of Fiscal Year 2016 competition."Each Soldier made it his or her personal responsibility and took pride in taking care of their rooms and how their surrounding -- the barracks -- looks," said Sgt. 1st Class Emerald Y. Galindez, platoon sergeant of the 527th Military Police Company, 18th Military Police Brigade."My Soldiers just moved from an old one to this new barracks within the past few days, so I am particularly proud that they are maintaining above and beyond standards of where they live," Galindez said.
The Best Barracks of the Quarter is a U.S. Army Europe inspection and recognition program that judges if established procedures are being followed, according to Vera Bernhard of the garrison's Housing Division and manager of the First Sergeant Program."For Soldiers, that means all their rooms have to be kept clean, ensuring the building and the rooms are secured, making sure the overall appearance of the barracks -- inside and out -- is kept to standards," said Bernhard."This is our community," said Cuvellier during his closing remarks. "This is where you live. Make it your home. Take pride in it and do what you can to make it better for yourself and others. Congratulations!"
- September 30, 2020Holistic health added to Army fitness doctrine
- September 30, 2020Army medical program to improve individual Soldier care
- September 30, 2020Former college athlete trades football helmet for Army Combat Helmet
- September 30, 2020Army unmanned vehicles to get hybrid electric power
- September 29, 2020For one Soldier, serving is a family affair
- September 29, 2020DoD takes steps to safeguard supply chain
- September 29, 2020Virtual reality helping experts provide new hospital design inputs
- September 29, 2020Task Force Oceania plays pivotal role in Defender Pacific 2020
- September 28, 2020(On the other) end of the line:
On-call chaplains fight suicides
- September 28, 2020Ohio National Guard extends food bank support mission
- September 28, 2020Soldier Center’s new fabric will enhance cybersecurity, subzero weather durability
- September 28, 2020America's Pacific Division recognizes 163 Soldiers as experts
- September 25, 2020Army to build on results from first Project Convergence exercise