Cadet Command names its top 10 seniors
By Cadet Command Public AffairsOctober 4, 2016
Fort Knox, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2016) -- Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in 2017.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,102 DMGs out of the 5,508 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for 2017 are:
1. John Phillips, Virginia Military Institute.
2. Daniel Keenen, University of South Carolina.
3. Charlotte Levine, Cornell University.
4. Samantha Decapua, Widener University.
5. Blaise Boullianne, Virginia Military Institute.
6. Samantha McNicholas, Washington State University.
7. Sarah Koch, University of Virginia.
8. Motoyuki Yoshihara, San Diego State University.
9. Dustin Dykes, University of Mississippi.
10. Jacob Knox, Campbell University.
- October 17, 2018Parachute team: Army Spirit from 13,000 feet above the ground
- October 15, 2018Fort Knox, volunteer firefighters partner to learn new ways to fight fire
- October 12, 2018Several hundred attend 2018 Retiree Appreciation Day at Fort Knox
- October 12, 2018Last issue of 'The Gold Standard' presented to Fort Knox senior commander
- October 11, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Vice President Agnew visits Fort Knox in 1971
- October 10, 2018Fort Knox team finishes seventh at 2018 Army Ten-Miler
- October 10, 2018At home or on the road, Army equipment managers get job done
- October 10, 2018Fort Knox employee encourages surrounding communities to 'Just Be Kind'
- October 4, 2018Cadet Command introduces Army's new fitness test to ROTC instructors
- October 3, 2018Rabble Rousers bring the cheer to Army gamedays
- September 28, 2018'Never too old to restart': Fort Knox officer turns inspiration into gold
- September 28, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: 'Sons of thunder' Guderian, Patton meet at Fort Knox
- September 27, 2018Cadets trying to conquer new frontier: Space Science
- September 27, 2018Rich history of Fort Knox newspapers comes to an end
- September 18, 2018Lion Brigade Soldiers enlighten West Point Cadets on Army Signal
- September 14, 2018Branch Week shows cadets their role in ever-changing Army