Cadet Command names its top 10 seniors
By Cadet Command Public AffairsOctober 4, 2016
Fort Knox, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2016) -- Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in 2017.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,102 DMGs out of the 5,508 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for 2017 are:
1. John Phillips, Virginia Military Institute.
2. Daniel Keenen, University of South Carolina.
3. Charlotte Levine, Cornell University.
4. Samantha Decapua, Widener University.
5. Blaise Boullianne, Virginia Military Institute.
6. Samantha McNicholas, Washington State University.
7. Sarah Koch, University of Virginia.
8. Motoyuki Yoshihara, San Diego State University.
9. Dustin Dykes, University of Mississippi.
10. Jacob Knox, Campbell University.
- February 15, 2019Job Fair to be held at Fort Knox's Sadowski Center Feb. 21
- February 15, 2019Fort Knox High School offering many scholarships to graduating seniors
- February 14, 2019E-3 ADA (THAAD) and Task Force Talon partner with University of Guam Army ROTC
- February 14, 2019Deadline nears to nominate Fort Knox members for 2019 AVCP Volunteer of the Year
- February 12, 2019Fort Knox High senior signs letter of intent to play football 'at next level'
- February 8, 2019Undefeated season and multiple deployments define 2019 Knox basketball playoffs
- February 8, 2019ALC Director appointed to senior executive service
- February 7, 2019Fort Knox schools will be making major updates for upcoming school year
- February 7, 2019Army leadership mentors ROTC cadets at Jackson event
- February 6, 2019Fort Knox African American Army captain rose to executive level in Eisenhower administration
- February 4, 2019Power for Life team coming to Fort Knox High School Feb. 8
- February 4, 2019Rakkasans on the River at Fort Knox
- February 4, 2019Fort Knox program hosting volunteer recruitment, AFAP issue fair Feb. 12
- January 31, 2019FINDING OF NO SIGNIFICANT IMPACT, PROJECT NAME: FORT KNOX POTABLE WATER UTILITY SYSTEM
- January 30, 2019Photos: German Soldiers honor WWII POWs buried on Fort Knox
- January 24, 2019Four Fort Knox Soldiers inducted in quarterly Sergeant Audie Murphy Club ceremony