Fort Knox, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2016) -- Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in 2017.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,102 DMGs out of the 5,508 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for 2017 are:
1. John Phillips, Virginia Military Institute.
2. Daniel Keenen, University of South Carolina.
3. Charlotte Levine, Cornell University.
4. Samantha Decapua, Widener University.
5. Blaise Boullianne, Virginia Military Institute.
6. Samantha McNicholas, Washington State University.
7. Sarah Koch, University of Virginia.
8. Motoyuki Yoshihara, San Diego State University.
9. Dustin Dykes, University of Mississippi.
10. Jacob Knox, Campbell University.