USARCENT meets with Under Secretary of the Army
By Sgt. Victor EverhartSeptember 30, 2016
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, S.C. - The Honorable Patrick Murphy, under secretary of the Army, visited with Lt. Gen. Michael Garrett, U.S. Army Central commanding general, and the senior staff of U.S. Army Central Sept. 30 at Patton Hall located on Shaw Air Force Base.
Murphy was briefed on USARCENT's role in support of conflicts in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan and how the unit's man power and budget reduction may impact the vital interest of the United States in the region.
During the visit, Murphy toured Patton Hall and was taken to the Current Operations Integration Cell, which is the heartbeat of USARCENT operations in the Middle East and where decisions are made in the multiple operations USARCENT is involved with. Murphy also took time to recognize USARCENT Soldiers for their hard work and dedication.
Murphy leads the management and operation of the Army, which would rank in the top 10 of Fortune 500 companies if it was a public company. His focus is on dynamic and efficient business operations, transforming the Army to be more innovative and responsive, expanding the Soldier for Life initiative, public-private partnerships, and aggressively utilizing social media to tell the Army story to new audiences in a more compelling way.
- July 2, 2020RHC-C welcomes Harter as new CG, says goodbye to Appenzeller, Cecil
- July 1, 2020Bingo halls, Marne Bowling Center reopen to guests
- June 26, 2020‘No More. We’re Better Than This.’
- June 26, 2020Bravo openings explained at Town Hall Live
- June 26, 2020CECOM Hosts Town Hall
- June 24, 2020Mitchell returns to the Midwest to take command of ASC
- June 23, 202010th Mountain Division (LI) Artillery rededicates headquarters, honors history
- June 19, 2020The NCOLCoE holds virtual hall of honor
- June 12, 2020Resident app, town halls improve experiences
- June 10, 2020Chief of Engineers Highlights Deployment Opportunities
- June 10, 2020Art display commemorates 70 years since Operation Kiddy Car
- June 8, 2020Fort Knox MWR slowly reopens facilities to community
- June 8, 2020Specialized Illinois Guard unit deploys for overseas mission