West Point Exchange Brings Back Fee-Free Layaway for the Holidays
By Loterly Wehmeyer, West Point Exchange Media ContactSeptember 12, 2016
WEST POINT MAIN STORE -- Once again, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service is offering fee-free layaway for Soldiers, Airmen, families and retirees who want to get a jump-start on their holiday shopping and keep gifts hidden safely out of sight from prying eyes.
Starting Sept. 1, the West Point Exchange will waive the $3 service fee for items that are placed on layaway and paid for by Dec. 24--including toys and bikes. Purchases of $25 or more are eligible for the layaway plan.
"By waiving the service fee, the West Point Exchange is giving military shoppers extra incentive to consider layaway, both as a budgeting tool and as a way to keep snooping loved ones from finding their gifts before the big day," said West Point Exchange General Manager Angela DeRosa. "With a few months to go before the holidays, shoppers can start checking off their gift lists--and keep those presents safely hidden."
A deposit of 15 percent is required to hold items on layaway. Shoppers can visit customer service at the West Point Main Store for complete program details and eligibility information.
- July 19, 2019Building relationships, interoperability through exchange program
- July 16, 2019Video chat technology transforms ACS, fosters readiness
- July 16, 2019Exchange shoppers can double savings during back-to-school 'tax holidays'
- July 10, 2019AAFES -- 124 years strong
- July 10, 2019Expanded hours at VCC to meet requirements for unescorted access to West Point for non-DOD visitors
- July 10, 2019WVARNG conducts knowledge exchange with Peru's army, police
- July 8, 2019Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) of the Year for U.S. Army Medical Command
- July 5, 2019Electronics eligible for back-to-school layaway at the Exchange for limited time
- July 3, 2019Avenger's historic inclusion in West Point CALFEX
- July 3, 2019Gyms on post charging for fitness classes
- June 27, 2019West Point Cadets join ROTC Cadets at Cadet Summer Training Advanced Camp
- June 24, 2019MILITARY STAR shoppers have chance at $25,000 in prizes in Unilever giveaway
- June 21, 2019JBLM Main Exchange to become 'major league mall' in 2020
- June 20, 2019West Point offers high school students a taste of cadet life
- June 20, 2019Barracks to get 'super-heat' exchanger
- June 18, 2019Exchange program builds partnerships with the Georgia National Guard