Gridiron Days: Post helps kick off Benedict College football season
By Mr. Robert Timmons (Jackson)September 7, 2016
Maj. Gen. John "Pete Johnson, Fort Jackson commander, the 282nd Army Band, drill sergeants and Basic Combat Training Soldiers helped kick off the Benedict College football season during the 2016 Palmetto Capital City Classic at Charles W. Johnson Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina Sept. 3. The Benedict College Tigers beat the Livingstone College Blue Bears 5-3 in the game.Johnson flipped the coin before the game while the 282nd Army Band played the National Anthem and an Army color guard provided the colors.
- March 27, 2020The U.S. Army Concert Band "Love and Light"
- March 25, 2020Florida National Guard's Army Band helps fight COVID-19
- March 11, 2020Installation kicks off 2020 AER campaign
- March 11, 2020New Jersey's top recruiter finds inspiration in art
- March 9, 202025th ID crowns Best CBRN Warrior
- March 9, 202045th Joint Culinary Training Exercise kicks off at Fort Lee
- March 7, 2020West Point kicks off monthslong Founders Day celebration
- March 6, 2020Fort Knox kicks off March, seasonal safety programs
- March 6, 2020Mad Scientist Initiative hosts PIPS
- March 6, 2020Fort Drum Soldiers help kick off annual Army Emergency Relief campaign
- March 4, 2020FLW AER campaign set to kick off March 11
- February 27, 202077th Army Band orchestrates music outreach in schools
- February 26, 2020The U.S. Army Field Band Spring Concert Tour