Army announces 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsSeptember 6, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky, will deploy about 1,400 soldiers in the fall of 2016 to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"From hunting Al Qaeda and Taliban forces during Operation Anaconda in 2002, to performing the advise-assist mission in 2014-15, the soldiers of the 3rd Brigade Combat Team have been nothing short of exceptional while supporting operations in Afghanistan over the years," said Brig. Gen. Scott E. Brower, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) acting senior commander. "The Rakkasans are trained, well-led, and prepared to accomplish any mission given to them while supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information on the 101st Airborne Division's (Air Assault) deployment, contact Master Sgt. Kevin Doheny, 101st Airborne Division public affairs office at: email@example.com, 270-798-9963 or 270-985-5476.
- November 13, 2017Modern sustainment warfare: Operation Patriot Bandoleer
- November 9, 2017XVIII Airborne Corps Soldiers Exemplify Excellence During FORSCOM Marksmanship Competition
- November 4, 2017Legal operations detachment honors Massachusetts fallen
- November 4, 2017Readiness is top priority for Reserve legal operations detachment
- November 3, 2017USAREC goes airborne to spread positive image of Army service
- November 1, 20172d Cavalry Regiment conducts air assault training
- November 1, 2017Army Engineers continue significant progress in Puerto Rico hurricane recovery operations
- October 31, 2017Enabling multinational operations at the tactical level
- October 31, 2017SEDRE and SPOD operations
- October 30, 2017Grandmasters of combat: the 173rd Airborne Brigade's role in Exercise Eagle Strike
- October 27, 2017Lifeliners welcome Engineers to brigade
- October 27, 2017South Dakota National Guard provides domestic operations support
- October 23, 2017Airborne Special Forces test new Parachute Navigation System at Ft. Bragg
- October 19, 2017Improving mobility in cold weather operations
- October 16, 2017Lifeliners strengthen readiness through CPX
- October 13, 2017Swift Response 17-2: Allied Airborne Operations