Army announces 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsSeptember 6, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky, will deploy about 1,400 soldiers in the fall of 2016 to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"From hunting Al Qaeda and Taliban forces during Operation Anaconda in 2002, to performing the advise-assist mission in 2014-15, the soldiers of the 3rd Brigade Combat Team have been nothing short of exceptional while supporting operations in Afghanistan over the years," said Brig. Gen. Scott E. Brower, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) acting senior commander. "The Rakkasans are trained, well-led, and prepared to accomplish any mission given to them while supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information on the 101st Airborne Division's (Air Assault) deployment, contact Master Sgt. Kevin Doheny, 101st Airborne Division public affairs office at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-798-9963 or 270-985-5476.
- January 24, 2020Army's cloud office set to fully operate by March
- January 22, 2020Support group to take over base operations during deployment
- January 22, 2020Engineering the theater
- January 21, 202011th ACR Evolves the Operational Environment
- January 21, 2020CECOM flies into action to support rapid 82nd Airborne deployment
- January 17, 2020Army announces upcoming 10th Mountain Division Headquarters unit rotation
- January 16, 2020UH-60 Blackhawk training operations at Fort McCoy
- January 16, 2020Sustaining Fires | 2nd SFAB advisors help ANA improve maintenance program
- January 14, 2020SDDC renovates Surface Operations Center, improving operations
- January 3, 2020Joint Planners establish International Maritime Security Construct Headquarters
- January 2, 2020CCDC's Road Map to Modernizing the Army: Soldier lethality
- December 29, 2019Deployed Service Members Celebrate Christmas Eve Mass on Kandahar Airfield
- December 23, 20197th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier Dies in Afghanistan
- December 20, 2019Airborne Chaplain Notes
- December 16, 2019Lifeliners December Newsletter 2019