Army announces 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division deployment
By Army Public AffairsSeptember 6, 2016
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky, will deploy about 1,400 soldiers in the fall of 2016 to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"From hunting Al Qaeda and Taliban forces during Operation Anaconda in 2002, to performing the advise-assist mission in 2014-15, the soldiers of the 3rd Brigade Combat Team have been nothing short of exceptional while supporting operations in Afghanistan over the years," said Brig. Gen. Scott E. Brower, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) acting senior commander. "The Rakkasans are trained, well-led, and prepared to accomplish any mission given to them while supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information on the 101st Airborne Division's (Air Assault) deployment, contact Master Sgt. Kevin Doheny, 101st Airborne Division public affairs office at: email@example.com, 270-798-9963 or 270-985-5476.
- August 22, 20193CAB conducts ODW training with Marines
- August 21, 2019U.S. and Bulgarian Soldiers conduct static line paradrop training
- August 19, 2019'Not in my Squad' program changes to help prevent assault, harassment
- August 16, 2019WSMR ACS welcomes new Sexual Assault Response Coordinator
- August 16, 2019Army commemorates 79 years of Airborne history
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- August 16, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Security Force Assistance Brigade unit rotation
- August 15, 2019Veteran recounts sexual assault, hazing for forum
- August 14, 2019Lifeliners in the Field: 101st Sustainment Brigade Soldiers Train to Sustain for Eagle Talon II
- August 12, 2019Fort Benning to mark National Airborne Day with parachute jumps, Airborne School graduation
- August 8, 2019MOS 14E: Linchpin of Patriot missile system
- August 5, 2019Department Launches New Program to CATCH Repeat Sexual Assault Offenders
- July 30, 2019Leaning on your Partner
- July 24, 2019Iowa Red Bulls and 101st Airborne strengthen relationship
- July 16, 20193rd SFG (A) honors the fallen
- July 16, 201982nd Airborne Division announces 2012 Jumpmaster of the Year