Commander visits artillery unit providing support to Iraqi Security Forces
By U.S. ArmySeptember 6, 2016
Lt. Gen Stephen J. Townsend, center, commander of the Combined Joint Task Force -- Operation Inherent Resolve, commends Spc. Nathan Wedgeworth, right, an artilleryman deployed with 3rd Battalion, 321st Artillery Regiment, at Kara Soar Base, Iraq, August 2016. The artillery units at Kara Soar Base serve two roles: to provide force protection for Coalition and Iraqi Security Forces and to support ISF ground maneuver to defeat Da'esh (an Arabic acronym for ISIL). The mission of Operation Inherent Resolve is to defeat Da'esh in Iraq and Syria by supporting the Government of Iraq with trainers, advisors and fire support, to include aerial strikes and artillery fire.
- September 17, 2020Field Artillery School commandant reflects on 9/11 at his promotion ceremony
- September 15, 202017th Field Artillery Brigade deploys HIMARS to Alaska: Defender Pacific 2020
- September 13, 2020Kansas National Guard battery recognized as best in nation with Hamilton Award
- September 11, 2020Ft. Bliss Air Defense Soldiers provide data testing new Integrated Air and Missile Defense system
- September 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Medal of Honor for Sgt. Maj. Thomas P. Payne
- September 10, 2020Asian-American Soldier enlists to protect others
- September 3, 2020Col. Washington J. Sanchez, Jr.
- September 3, 202038th ADA Commander engages local leaders
- August 27, 2020Air Defense Artillery School leaders stress PHD - pride, hustle, desire
- August 27, 2020By Improving Artillery Shells, Picatinny Engineers Seek to Greatly Extend Range of Cannon Artillery
- August 24, 2020Strike: Air assault Screaming Eagles soar into JRTC Rotation 20-09
- August 20, 202025th Infantry Division conducts the first joint artillery exercise with the Marine Corps on the island of Oahu