CAMP HUMPHREYS, Republic of Korea -- While most can name programs and services available to Soldiers and families who need help with dependence issues, mental health services or financial aid, where do civilians serving in Korea go for help?Munyaquita Brown, the Employee Assistance Program Coordinator (EAPC) for Camp Humphreys and Area III, is the answer. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a one-stop shop when it comes to matching problems to available services in the Pyeongtaek area.The Employee Assistance Program falls under the Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) but is not limited to substance abuse issues."EAP is a program that supports civilians and their family members. Not only when it comes to work related substance abuse but when it comes to personal problems that may affect your work performance" says Brown.EAP is a voluntary program that offers free confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to eligible persons who have personal or work-related problems. EAPs address issues affecting mental and emotional well-being, such as alcohol and other substance abuse, stress, grief, family problems, and psychological disorders.Department of Defense civilians, contract employees (depending on eligibility), retired military and federal employees, family members of eligible personnel, dependent family members of active duty personnel, SOFA status agreement eligible foreign national employees and non-command sponsored individuals qualify for services through the program here."If you have SOFA status I can see you, but if anyone walked through our doors, no matter who you worked with, and you needed to talk to somebody I will still be available to talk to them" says Brown. "We don't want to exclude anybody."I think that the community needs to know that there are supportive services here for our civilian population… to provide support, referral and follow up. It is not a onetime thing, and that they can come back."While some personnel will be referred to the EAP through administrative action by the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center, Brown wants supervisors and leaders to know about the program before issues reach that point."Let supervisors know that we are here, so that problems won't go…on forever and that they don't waste time in getting their employees help before there is some type of administrative action."Everything is confidential and is still voluntary, people still have a choice on whether or not they want to come in and talk to me" cautions Brown.Anyone who wishes to talk or for more information about the program can call DSN 753-3501 or Commercial 050-3353-3501 to schedule an appointment or to speak with the EAP coordinator; email Brown at They also accept walk-in visitors. EAP is in Bldg. 572 on the second floor.