VP Biden hitches ride on Chinook to son's dedication
By Capt. Jaymon Bell, 12th Combat Aviation BrigadeAugust 18, 2016
PRISTINA, Kosovo -- Two CH-47F Chinook helicopters from the 12th Combat Aviation Brigade transported Vice President Joe Biden and a delegation of U.S. and Kosovar officials from Pristina International Airport to Camp Bondsteel on Wednesday, Aug. 17.
The vice president was in Kosovo to deliver remarks at the dedication ceremony of a road that is being named by the Government of Kosovo in honor of his son, Joseph R. "Beau" Biden, III. The road is being dedicated as a sign of respect and gratitude for Beau's contributions to Kosovo.The delegation consisted of Kosovo President Hashim Thaci, Kosovo Prime Minister Isa Mustafa, Ambassador Greg Delawie and Dr. Jill Biden.Hotel Company, 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th CAB "Big Windy" is the premier heavy lift helicopter company in Europe. The CH-47 Chinook Helicopter is capable of lifting more than 25,000 pounds and carrying 33 passengers.-----
The 12th Combat Aviation Brigade trains and conducts aviation support across the full spectrum of unified land operations for United States Army Europe, European Command, NATO, and in support of CENTCOM, AFRICOM and other contingency locations around the globe.
- September 17, 2020Geospatial engineer fills key role in Kosovo deployment
- September 17, 202028th ECAB hurdles challenges, completes training
- September 15, 2020Wisconsin National Guard Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- September 14, 2020Wyoming National Guard to help fight California wildfires
- September 10, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners upload 25th ID for JRTC
- September 9, 2020CH 53K tests its power at U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- September 8, 2020New policy addresses 3D parts for Army aircraft
- September 2, 2020Standard Operating Procedures: This is the way we’ve always done it.
- September 1, 2020Developing Leaders: 2SBCT Prepares Young Officers for Leadership Roles
- September 1, 2020Flight school, diversity focus of Army Aviation cadet mentorship events
- September 1, 2020Soldier becomes US citizen before deployment
- August 31, 2020U.S. Army Aviation Museum features XH-40, 'helicopter that changed world'
- August 28, 2020U.S. Army Reserve aviation brigade adapts to COVID-19 challenges by conducting local command post exercise
- August 24, 2020Strike: Air assault Screaming Eagles soar into JRTC Rotation 20-09