Welcome to Hawaii and the Home of the "Sea Dragons"!Congratulations on your assignment to 94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command (AAMDC), Fort Shafter, Hawaii! I look forward to your arrival and I am sure your tour with us will be challenging and professionally rewarding.The 94th AAMDC is a part of the United States Army Pacific (USARPAC) Area of Operations (AO), and our responsibilities range across the Pacific Basin from Alaska to Japan and Korea, and toward the east coast of Africa. The Pacific Rim continues to grow in importance on both an international and national level. We are sure you will enjoy your assignment in this complex and dynamic region.We are fortunate to be located on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. The 50th state is blessed with a pleasant tropical climate, magnificent scenery, and a sociable and ethnically diverse society. Our work environment will provide you with the opportunity to fulfill your professional and personal goals.On Order, the 94th AAMDC provides joint and combined theater air and missile defense to meet OPLAN requirements and support the rebalance to the Asia-Pacific AOR.The 94th AAMDC O'hana (family) looks forward to your arrival, and we wish you a safe and comfortable trip!FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE!!!BG SEAN A. GAINEYCSM JOHN W. FOLEY94th AAMDC orderly room call 808-438-3855The following information and links are provided for personnel and their family members assigned to the 94th AAMDC.We hope this information will be helpful when making your permanent change of station (PCS) move to Hawaii.The Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) hosts weekly newcomers' orientations and runs the Relocation Program. Vist the FMWR Website.If you are a uniformed service member, your new unit will assign a sponsor for you and your family. To request a welcome packet click here.Your Military in Hawaii, a joint-services publication, provides information on all installations in Hawaii. View the guide online at http://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil/newcomers.htm.Temporary LodgingIn order to be eligible for full Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) for military all Army personnel on PCS orders must first attempt to obtain lodging at Tripler or Schofield Barracks.Certificates of Nonavailability (CNA) are available at the USO counter at Honolulu International Airport. The Hale Koa, a military hotel in downtown Waikiki, is available under TLA lodging, but a CNA from Schofield must be obtained first.Army LodgingInn at SchofieldTripler LodgingHale Koa HotelHousehold GoodsThe Joint Personal Property Shipping Office, Pearl Harbor (JPPSO-Hawaii) handles all processing for temporary storage and/or delivery of your personal property once it arrives on island. The JPPSO is a jointly staffed DoD activity assigned to HQ Air Force. You can call the JPPSO Call 808-473-7760.To read more about your personal property move, visit the Air Force's "Move" Web site at.Privately Owned VehiclesAuto RegistrationBringing your car to Hawaii? You need to take a number of steps. Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) will be shipped to Sand Island, Honolulu, located close to the Honolulu International Airport. The Vehicle Processing Center can provide information on the shipping status of your vehicle. The Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) handles all privately owned vehicle (POV) shipments. Incoming personnel can track the status of their POV shipment at https://www.whereismypov.com/.The Phone number for inbound POV is (808) 848-8383.All automobiles used on the highway must be registered with the state within ten days of arrival. You may keep your original plates, but you must register to get a Hawaii vehicle sticker for approximately $25.00. Proof of ownership or a certificate of registration; shipping documents, Hawaii no fault insurance and proof of a safety inspection is required.Safety InspectionHawaii requires annual safety inspections. For inspection, bring a valid identification card and a Non-resident Certificate Form to one of the state's authorized inspection stations.Driver's LicenseHawaii recognizes other state driver's licenses. When your license expires, if you wish to apply for a Hawaii driver's license, you must present your Social Security Card, and a current out-of-state license.If your out-of-state license has expired, you will be required to file an application form, complete a written examination, pass an eye test, and pass a road test.You do not have to get an Hawaii license, you can still get another license from your state but you will have to go through your state to get another one mailed to you.Hawaii School InformationHawaii School RegistrationChildren registering in Hawaii for the first time need:1. Birth Certificate2. Report card and/or records from their previous school3. Medical records, including: Examination by a licensed physician within 12 months of date entering school, Current and up-to-date immunization records, Tuberculosis clearance test within 12 months of date entering school.4. Students entering 7th grade need the chicken pox immunization.For resources to provide parents with information to help make the transition to Hawaii easier,CLICK HEREPersonal DocumentsMake sure your important personal documents are not packed with your belongings. Carry them with you in your carry-on baggage Family Documents Marriage CertificateBirth certificates of family membersAdoption papersDivorce papersPrevious discharge papersDeath certificatesAnnulments of any previous marriagesCitizenship papersPassportsChildren's report cardsShot recordsChild custody documentsMedical recordsArmed Forces identification cardsWillsAny other personal documents or papers Financial Documents Savings account booksChecking account books Names and addresses of companies where you recently opened or closed accountsBills duo during the time you moveCopy of application for allotment (if any) Ownership Documents Property deedsMotor vehicle ownership papers deeds with registrationStock certificatesGovernment and civilian insurance documentsVehicle no-fault insurance policiesPCS documentsHousehold goods shipping and storage documentsPetsAnimal QuarantineHawaii is a rabies free state. Hawaii's quarantine law is designed to protect residents and pets from potentially serious health problems associated with the presence and spread of rabies. Success of the quarantine program is dependent on maintaining isolation of your pet from other animals for the required quarantine period.Importation of dogs, cats and other carnivores into Hawaii is governed by Chapter 4-29 of the State of Hawaii, Department of Agriculture Administrative Rules. This law says that these animals are required to complete a 120-day confinement in the State Animal Quarantine Station. If specific pre-arrival and post-arrival requirements are met, animals may qualify for a 30-day quarantine or a new 5-day-or-less quarantine that became effective on June 30, 2003. Qualifications for Hawaii residents with pets and reduced "re-entry" fees became effective on February 12, 2004.For a brochure that contains important information about pre-arrival requirements, quarantine station procedures, policies, rules, operations and fees go to Animal Quarantine Information.Hawaii Resident Pets: Owners wishing to leave the State of Hawaii with their pets, and return, must meet all requirements on the "Checklist for Hawaii Resident Pets" to return without extended quarantine. The 120 day "pre-arrival" waiting period after a successful rabies blood test is modified prior to leaving the State or can be in combination with time spent out-of-state before re-entry depending on circumstances. Go to Animal Quarantine Information for compete information. MWR Pet Kennels The USAG-HI Morale, Welfare and Recreation Pet Kennel is available for your cats and dogs. The kennel is is located at the Halawa State Quarantine site in Halawa Valley. Look for the sign "MWR Pet Kennel." For more information, click here.Re-Entry Fee Requirements: For pets re-entering Hawaii after completing a Hawaii animal quarantine program, click here for requirements to qualify for the reduced "Re-entry" fee for Direct Airport Release or 5-day or-less quarantine.