U.S. Army Garrison, Redstone Arsenal, press release
By Press ReleaseAugust 1, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. (Aug. 1, 2016) -- Redstone Arsenal officials released the name of the individual who passed away Sunday, July 31, on the installation.
Maj. Gen. John G. Rossi, 55, of Long Island, New York, was slated as the incoming commander of the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala. The cause of Rossi's death remains under investigation.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Maj. Gen. John G. Rossi's family. We share their grief during this time of loss. Our priority right now is to take care of the family, ensuring they have all the resources they need during this critical time," said Lt. Gen. Larry Wyche, Army Materiel Command deputy commanding general and Redstone Arsenal senior commander.
Rossi previously served as the commanding general of the U.S. Army Fires Center of Excellence and Fort Sill, Okla. Prior to that assignment, he served as the director of the Army Quadrennial Defense Review Office in the Pentagon.
For more information, media may contact the USASMDC/ARSTRAT Public Affairs Office during duty hours at (256) 955-2171 or after duty hours at (256) 698-8246.
- January 17, 2020Mason takes reins of Army aviation acquisition
- January 17, 2020Materiel enterprise recognizes employees of the quarter
- January 17, 2020Team Redstone remembers, celebrates Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- January 17, 2020Army focuses on making installations number one choice for Army families
- January 17, 2020Army Materiel Command supports 2020 wellness, fitness resolutions
- January 16, 2020Watervliet Arsenal safety program receives recognition
- January 14, 2020PBA's Jarrett offers M8E1 CBPS support during Army/Navy game
- January 14, 2020NJ Army National Guard visit to Picatinny part of ongoing community relations
- January 13, 2020Usery earns AMC 'Top Employee' recognition
- January 10, 2020AMC workplace benefits from survey feedback from employees
- January 10, 2020Army Housing Summit set to forge path forward in housing reinvestment
- January 7, 2020U.S. Army Garrison RIA Holds CSM Change of Responsibility
- January 7, 2020EVAC art exhibit now on display at RIA Museum
- December 18, 20192019 year of growth for Army Materiel Command as missions focus on readiness
- December 17, 2019Army selects AMCOM solution as single technical manual viewer
- December 16, 2019AMCOM Deputy Commander reflects on distinguished career of service