Seasonal Flu vaccine shipping to Army clinics now
By EUROPE REGIONAL MEDICAL COMMAND Public Affairs OfficeJuly 27, 2016
HEIDELBERG, Germany -- Seasonal influenza vaccine has arrived in Europe and is being
distributed to Army medical clinics throughout Europe, according to Col. Theresa Moser, chief
of the Force Health Protection Office, Europe Regional Medical Command. She has oversight of
this year's immunization program.
"We expect no vaccine shortages," said Moser. "We can begin immunizing everyone in our
population now -- no one should wait."
She said it takes about two weeks for your body to build immunity to the virus, so sooner is
better than later.
Plans to immunize beneficiaries in an effort to minimize the effects of influenza during the
coming months have been finalized. Clinic commanders have been charged with making early
efforts to vaccinate all active-duty and civilian health care providers. Family members and other
beneficiaries can get their shot now.
This year's goal is to immunize 95 percent of the Active Duty population and all civilian direct
health care providers by Dec. 1, a month earlier than last year's goal. One reason for this earlier
- July 2, 2020MICC unit prepares mission partners for hurricane season
- July 1, 2020U.S. Army Europe tests asymptomatic staff members to promote safety, readiness
- June 26, 2020Army Hiring Days: Wiesbaden ‘super recruiters’ match people across Europe with careers
- June 24, 2020National Guard ready for hurricane season
- June 24, 2020Taking BLC online; Course Manager leads the way
- June 23, 2020Wiesbaden Army Health Clinic welcomes new commander
- June 23, 2020American Red Cross Volunteer increases medical capability at LRMC Clinic
- June 19, 2020Fort Knox Middle High School upgrading football team wall locker, athletics weight room
- June 18, 202010th Mountain Division panel advises Fort Drum community members on PCS moves, leave regulations under COVID-19 restrictions
- June 17, 2020Service members, civilians bound by DOD election rules
- June 15, 2020North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes
- June 5, 2020Fuel for the Fight; Nutrition and Immunity During COVID-19
- June 4, 2020USAMRDC: “Reasonable” to Expect Coronavirus Vaccine This Year