Warrior Brigade bid farewell to leader
By Staff Sgt. Carlos R. DavisJune 27, 2016
SCHOFIELD BARRACKS, Hawaii -- 25th Infantry Division's 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team held a change of command ceremony here, June 21, to welcome a new commander and bid a fond farewell the outgoing commander.
Soldiers, friends and distinguished guests observed Col. David B. Womack relinquish command to Col. Anthony Lugo as their Warrior Brigade Soldiers stood proudly in formation.
"Most importantly, I would like to thank the Soldiers on the parade field today," said Womack. "Thank you for your sacrifices that you make; to the families to keep us safe and strong. We're lucky to have a formation of world class Soldiers and the nation's best."
Maj. Gen. Charles Flynn, 25th Infantry Division commander, spoke at the event and praised Col. Womack for his leadership and dedication to the Tropic Lightning Division and its Soldiers.
"Under the tough and caring command of Dave Womack, the Soldiers of the Warrior Brigade have created positive and lasting change in the 25th Infantry Division. It's because of the unit's strong leadership. The agile and adaptive character of your organization and because of the focused, creative, inclusive and intelligent efforts of their commander." Maj. Gen. Flynn said. "Dave Womack's leadership was an essential ingredient."
Womack served as the commander for 2nd IBCT since July 21, 2014, and led the brigade as they conducted training exercises in New Zealand, as part of Exercise Lightning Strike; South Korea, Philippines, and Thailand, during Pacific Pathways 15-01. The Warrior Brigade Soldiers were the first to participate in the Army's redesigned testing for the Expert Infantry Badge and has continued to establish and rebuild relationships with local and surrounding communities.
As Womack passes the torch to Lugo, he passes a brigade that will be heading into its final stages of the transformation process into an Infantry Brigade.
"The Warrior Brigade is getting another proven warrior," Flynn said. "We are looking forward to the leadership you will exhibit every day and take this brigade to even higher readiness levels."
- August 13, 2020The 42nd Infantry Division and 103 Years of Service
- August 11, 2020Space warrior assists emergency medical personnel with dire traffic accident
- August 11, 2020Results in for Best Warrior Competition
- August 10, 2020I Corps Best Warrior has sights set beyond competition
- August 10, 20207236th MSU takes charge of DWMMC
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 6, 2020NY National Guard trains to be 'eye in sky' for 27th Brigade
- August 5, 202094th AAMDC Soldier of the Year
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 4, 2020Supporting Warriors: Maneuver Operations
- August 3, 2020Newly reactivated, 197th Infantry Brigade joins team that trains recruits to serve in Infantry
- August 3, 202045th Infantry Brigade Combat Team conducts annual training
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 29, 202079th TSC Best Warrior Board