Army chief honors civilians at Twilight Tattoo
By Courtney Dock, JFHQ-NCR/MDW Public AffairsMay 26, 2016
Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army Gen. Mark A. Milley recognized two individuals for their service in support of the Army at the May 25, 2016 Twilight Tattoo performance on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Fort Myer, Virginia.Chef Robert Irvine, founder of the Robert Irvine Foundation, and Kathy-Roth Douquet, chief executive officer and president of Blue Star Families, were recognized and presented the Outstanding Civilian Service Award by Milley. The award is the third-highest public service honor the Army can bestow upon a civilian.More than 3,000 students from all over the country were in the audience to witness the action-packed performance along with various senior executives from the private and public sectors.Twilight Tattoo is performed by Soldiers from the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and the U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own."Twilight Tattoo is a show that provides a glimpse into American history through performances by the U.S. Army Blues, the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, the U.S. Army Drill Team, and vocalists from the U.S. Army Band Downrange and U.S. Army Band Voices.
The 2016 Twilight Tattoo season is scheduled to run every Wednesday through Aug. 3, with the exception of July 6 and July 13. There will be no Twilight Tattoo scheduled for those two dates.
For more information visit www.twilight.mdw.army.mil.
- August 6, 2020Fort Campbell MWR leaders show appreciation, surprise employees
- August 6, 2020Army instructors of the year recognized across TRADOC
- August 6, 20202020 Soldier of the Year: Meet the Army trombonist whose family has served the country since the Civil War
- August 6, 2020Military band creates memories with Stuttgart seniors
- August 6, 2020Army strategist wins diversity leadership award
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 3, 2020Depot recognizes interns on National Intern Day
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria recognizes 700 volunteers
- July 30, 2020Fort Polk Soldiers, veterinary staff band together to rescue kitten
- July 30, 2020SMDC senior enlisted leader recognizes outstanding Soldiers
- July 28, 2020NETCOM Recognizes Top Talent
- July 28, 2020Division East chaplain recognized for his many accomplishments
- July 23, 2020Michigan Guard Band supports communities during COVID-19