By Directorate of Communication and Public Affairs, U.S. Army Combat Readiness CenterMay 3, 2016
FORT RUCKER, Ala. (May 3, 2016) - The U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center recently named winners of the Fiscal 2015 Secretary of the Army and Chief of Staff, Army, Safety Awards.
"The accomplishments of these winners reinforce the importance of proactive risk management integrated throughout our plans, operations and training," said Gen. Mark A. Milley, CSA. "Effective loss prevention is central to Army readiness and especially important in light of force reductions and resource challenges."
To be considered for an award, both individuals and units must have made significant improvements and contributions to accident prevention efforts, among other criteria, during the previous fiscal year, according to Department of the Army Pamphlet 385-10, Army Safety Program.
"Readiness is our No. 1 imperative," said Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Farnsworth, Headquarters, Department of the Army; director of Army Safety and commanding general, USACRC. "Proactive unit safety cultures and adaptive risk management buttress readiness. Recognizing excellence at the individual and unit level helps to raise awareness and inspire others to prevent unnecessary loss."
Fiscal 2015's awardees are:
• SA/CSA Army Headquarters Safety Award: U.S. Army Europe
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Division: 1st Sustainment Command (Theater), U.S. Army Central
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Brigade: 513th Military Intelligence Brigade (Theater), U.S. Army Central
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Garrison: Red River Army Depot, U.S. Army Materiel Command
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Battalion: U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center, U.S. Army Materiel Command
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - Officer: 1st Lt. Jacob A. Cain, U.S. Army Pacific
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - Noncommissioned Officer/Enlisted: Sgt. Scott Donley, U.S. Army South
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - Civilian: Richard E. Hearron, U.S. Army Installation Management Command
• SA/CSA Industrial Operations Safety Award: Tobyhanna Army Depot, U.S. Army Materiel Command
• SA/CSA Excellence in Explosives Safety Award: U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Campbell, U.S. Army Installation Management Command
For more information on Army safety awards, visit https://safety.army.mil.