2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- October 11, 2019Ohio, Serbia strengthen partnership during CAPSTONE 2019
- October 10, 2019Hunter holds housing town hall, requests community feedback
- October 9, 2019RTS-Maintenance at Fort McCoy looking at busy training schedule during fiscal year 2020, commandant
- October 9, 2019Fort McCoy firefighters receive humanitarian awards for 2018 flood response in local communities
- October 9, 2019Partnerships flying high
- October 9, 2019Spanish native guest speaker at Hispanic Heritage event
- October 8, 2019Guam National Guard helps protect anti-ballistic missile defense system
- October 1, 2019Public Health Command Europe staff ride teaches valuable leadership lessons
- September 27, 2019U.S. Army Alaska gives Marine Corps a lift
- September 23, 2019Alaska Army Guard medevac two men from Haines for emergency medical care
- September 19, 2019G-8: Army operations in the Pacific crucial to future battlefield success