2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- November 5, 2018American Indian Heritage Month observance scheduled for Nov. 8
- November 2, 2018Partnership without Borders
- November 2, 2018Brain Metastasis of Breast Cancer
- November 1, 2018Fort Sill graduates first allied Patriot Top Gun class
- November 1, 2018PASS 18-16 Participants Experience a 'Bavarian Breakfast' Thanks to the Friends of the Marshall Cent
- October 29, 2018Atlanta Falcons throw youth camp at Redstone
- October 29, 2018Redstone Arsenal to observe National American Indian Heritage Month
- October 29, 2018Honoring service: 8 Soldiers retire at quarterly ceremony
- October 29, 2018Fort Knox program hosting volunteer recruitment, AFAP issue fair Nov. 8
- October 29, 2018Sentinel Radar Operators Participate in Combined Avenger Training Event
- October 24, 2018Foam-free test trailer at Fort Wainwright helps firefighters quench blazes safely
- October 22, 2018Author Tracy Banghart to sign copies of her newest book at Barr Library Nov. 8
- October 19, 2018Marshall Center Cyber Program Hosts Central Asia Regional Information Assurance Workshop
- October 18, 2018Three survivors reflect on breast cancer battle
- September 28, 20181-82 FA participates in Polish Celebrations
- September 28, 2018Fort Jackson hosts 8-year-old author