2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- December 6, 2019Detroit Arsenal Observes Third Annual Holiday Tank Lighting
- December 3, 2019Army announces new research laboratory director
- November 29, 20199th JROTC Battalion remembers the "Great War" during Flanders, Belgium visit
- November 29, 2019JBLM to train with mortars and artillery Dec. 2 to 8
- November 27, 2019Hiring policy available to all applicants
- November 27, 2019Winning soldiers experience weekend of esports and NFL fun
- November 26, 2019U.S. Army Japan Ten-Miler team finishes in top 20 in their division in annual D.C. race
- November 22, 2019Without logistics nothing shoots, moves or communicates
- November 21, 2019Alaska Guardsman receives Bronze Star
- November 20, 2019Army Acquisition Leaders Must "Speak Truth To Power"
- November 18, 2019JBLM Culinary Specialists Try-Out for New Opportunity
- November 12, 2019WSMR Honors Greatest Generation at Las Cruces Veterans Day Parade
- November 12, 2019Kansas National Guard helps fight fires with helicopters