2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- June 12, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: M115 8 IN Howitzer
- June 11, 2019Injured Soldier with eight kids makes it work
- June 7, 2019Indiana National Guard promotes interoperability at United Front VIII
- June 4, 2019America -- 'We now call our home'
- June 3, 2019Alaska Army National Guard aviation prepares for future operations
- May 29, 2019Greatest Generation medic gets recognition from Army Medicine for his courage at Luzon
- May 28, 2019Alaska Army National Guard engineers train with Romanian counterparts
- May 22, 2019West Point Band kicks off "Music Under the Stars" June 8
- May 20, 20192-8 Cav. tests Abrams upgrades, demonstrates increased lethality