2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- January 18, 2019Keeping Camp Bondsteel up and running
- January 17, 2019Fort Sill kicks off its 150th birthday
- January 16, 2019AMCOM commander discusses Army Aviation sustainment model with Navy Aviation leaders
- January 11, 2019Farewell
- January 9, 2019Singaporean faculty delegation visits laboratory
- January 7, 2019Fort McCoy's first CWOC class for winter 2018-19 season completes training with 39 students
- January 2, 2019AMC recognizes employees for contributions toward mission goals
- January 2, 2019Two More Years
- December 28, 2018Train ride allows for time for Fort Riley families
- December 27, 2018D-2 conducts first THAAD missile redistribution exercise on Korean Peninsula
- December 26, 2018Bound by blood, serving by choice
- December 18, 2018599th, partners offload 2/25 at Pear Harbor
- December 14, 2018ANAD participates in two local parades