2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- July 9, 20182-158th conducts personnel recovery training
- July 6, 20183-8 CAV Tests Readiness
- July 2, 2018JBLM to host two day July 4th Freedom Fest Celebration
- June 28, 2018Rest Assured Challenge VIII
- June 28, 20181-40th FA honors its own Vietnam veterans
- June 27, 2018Eight graduate, six enter Army leader development program
- June 27, 2018Two CGSC professors tabbed for Excellence in Army History Writing awards
- June 26, 2018U.S. Army Installation Management Command welcomes two new SES leaders
- June 19, 2018Army World War II veterans hold emotional final reunion
- June 18, 2018EPA and Army Announce Updated Guidance for Alaska's Wetlands
- June 18, 2018Alaska Army Guardsmen train in Mongolia to save lives
- June 14, 2018U.S. Army Soldier makes shooting sports history, again
- June 8, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - June 8, 2018
- June 7, 2018Auto Skills Center staff builds hot rod
- May 24, 2018Greatest Generation member receives belated tribute