2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- April 12, 2019Two Soldiers and Civilian recognized for quick action following accident
- April 10, 2019962nd Mortuary Affairs welcomed home
- April 10, 2019Military Funeral Honors with Funeral Escort for U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jonathan Farmer
- April 9, 2019Military medical professionals join forces to strengthen medical treatment capabilities
- April 9, 2019Award-winning rapid electronic warfare capability ready for Phase 2
- April 8, 2019Was ist los in Franken? April 8, 2019
- April 4, 2019Road to the Expert Field Medical Badge
- April 3, 20192-44 CALFEX showcases new C-RAM defense technology
- April 2, 2019Generations of service back to World War II
- March 29, 2019Army to recognize two outstanding volunteers
- March 25, 2019Top 10 things you need to know about 2019 Engineer Regimental Week at Fort Leonard Wood
- March 21, 2019Remembering the fallen