2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- March 6, 2019Army recognizes excellence in eight environmental categories
- March 5, 2019Camp Zama girls' basketball team wins Far East Division II championship
- March 5, 2019Joint multi-component mobilization training prepares Alaska Guard MPs for deployment
- March 4, 2019Airfield lighting system upgrade among eight finalists for AFIMSC's inaugural 'Innovation Rodeo'
- February 28, 2019Ivy Division 2IBCT snipers fire 8-K rounds testing new small arms sniper rifle upgrade
- February 28, 2019MEDDAC-AK honors leaders with O2M3
- February 28, 2019Strangers become like family during ER visit
- February 21, 20191-19th FA pilots Army Combat Fitness Test
- February 15, 2019Out & About in Italy (Feb. 16-March 2)
- February 10, 2019U.S., Thai train on Role II procedures
- February 8, 2019Meet Madigan's newest PA grad
- February 8, 2019FORSCOM Frontline - Feb. 8, 2019
- February 6, 2019Army explosives experts compete for top honors in Hawaii