2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- January 10, 2019Oldest American man, WWII veteran to be buried at historic cemetery
- January 9, 2019'Lightning' brigade runs field trials for Army Combat Fitness Test
- January 10, 2019New graphic novellas to educate Soldiers, families on future cyber threats
- January 9, 2019Guard teams up with state resources to prep for flooding
- January 10, 2019Face of defense: Master of battle
- January 9, 2019Iron Soldier saves man's life with hoodie, ink pen
- January 9, 2019Perna shares perspective on how Guard can keep pace with new battlefield
- January 9, 2019Soldier Center tests new Army combat boot prototypes
- January 3, 2019Olmsted opening ushers in new era for nation's riverways
- January 8, 2019Army Materiel Command's HR workforce leads standards for Ready Army Civilian