2-8 FA BN
By U.S. ArmyApril 26, 2016
Welcome to 2-8 FA BN
2-8 Field Artillery, located at Fort Wainwright, outside Fairbanks, Alaska, is the greatest duty location in all of Interior Alaska! If you like hunting, fishing, and blowing things up -- it doesn't get any better!
Assigned to a regionally aligned brigade with a focus on the Pacific area of operations, the Automatic Battalion trains to provide timely and accurate fires in support of the 1st Stryker Brigade "Arctic Wolves".
If you want to be a part of the greatest FA battalion in the Army, set your sights on 2-8!
- November 9, 2018First sergeants honored with historical award
- November 7, 2018Lindsey Golf Course hosting 2-Person Turkey Shoot Scramble Nov. 18
- November 5, 2018Two events bring safety message to Arsenal adults and children
- November 5, 2018American Indian Heritage Month observance scheduled for Nov. 8
- November 2, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - Nov. 2, 2018
- November 2, 2018Partnership without Borders
- November 2, 2018Brain Metastasis of Breast Cancer
- November 1, 2018Fort Sill graduates first allied Patriot Top Gun class
- October 29, 2018Honoring service: 8 Soldiers retire at quarterly ceremony
- October 29, 2018Fort Knox program hosting volunteer recruitment, AFAP issue fair Nov. 8
- October 26, 20187th SFG(A) Soldiers collect over two tons of food for the community
- October 25, 2018Don't just hear--listen
- October 23, 2018USAOTC makes 2 tentative job offers at Society of Women Engineers conference
- October 23, 2018Fort Knox, World War II piano virtuoso dies at age 103
- October 17, 2018Largest Army Bazaar in Europe opens Nov. 2