2nd Battalion (Airborne), 377th Field Artillery History
By U.S. ArmyApril 22, 2016
World War II (1942-1945)
Combat Jump into St. Martin-de-Varreville, France on 6 June 1944 in the initial assault on the northern coast of Normandy, France with the 101st Airborne Division.
Combat Jump into Nijmegen, Holland on 17 September 1944 as part of Operation Market Garden with the 101st Airborne Division.
Defended Bastogne, Belgium against heavy German attack from 22 to 27 December 1944 during the Battle of the Bulge.
Assigned 1 September 1957 to the 82nd Airborne Division and activated at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The Battalion inactivated 8 July 1965 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Redesignated as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 377th Artillery and activated in Germany (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). The Battalion inactivated 16 July 1987 in Germany.
2003 - Today
Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 377th Field Artillery, redesignated 16 December 2003 as Battery B, 377th Parachute Field Artillery and activated at Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan (Khowst Province).
Redesignated 16 November 2005 as 2nd Battalion, 377th Parachute Field Artillery and activated at Fort Richardson, Alaska.
- July 19, 201830th ADA Brigade observes change of command
- July 17, 2018Airborne testing for next generation weapon sight complete
- July 12, 2018Secretary Esper shares Army Vision in visit to 101st Airborne
- July 11, 2018Tactical-level innovation
- July 6, 2018National Guard medics that save child's life receive thanks
- July 5, 2018Safety activities raise awareness for WBAMC staff
- July 5, 2018Baseball pitcher to spy catcher, then Army historian
- July 5, 2018INSCOM celebrates the 'Masters of their Craft' as Army Warrant Officer Corps turns 100
- July 3, 2018Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Officers integrate air defense in Europe
- June 30, 2018One Team: Active-duty, Army National Guard collaborate to strengthen train, advise and assist missio
- June 28, 2018Fort Sill welcomes 428th Field Artillery Brigade's new command team
- June 28, 2018Blue Grass Chemical Activity -- its place in Chemical Corps history
- June 28, 2018Fires Center of Excellence, Fort Sill welcome new Field Artillery School commandant
- June 28, 20181-40th FA honors its own Vietnam veterans
- June 28, 2018Fort Sill welcomes 434th Field Artillery Brigade's new command team
- June 20, 2018U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground remains on artillery test cutting edge