2nd Battalion (Airborne), 377th Field Artillery History
By U.S. ArmyApril 22, 2016
World War II (1942-1945)
Combat Jump into St. Martin-de-Varreville, France on 6 June 1944 in the initial assault on the northern coast of Normandy, France with the 101st Airborne Division.
Combat Jump into Nijmegen, Holland on 17 September 1944 as part of Operation Market Garden with the 101st Airborne Division.
Defended Bastogne, Belgium against heavy German attack from 22 to 27 December 1944 during the Battle of the Bulge.
Assigned 1 September 1957 to the 82nd Airborne Division and activated at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The Battalion inactivated 8 July 1965 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Redesignated as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 377th Artillery and activated in Germany (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). The Battalion inactivated 16 July 1987 in Germany.
2003 - Today
Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 377th Field Artillery, redesignated 16 December 2003 as Battery B, 377th Parachute Field Artillery and activated at Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan (Khowst Province).
Redesignated 16 November 2005 as 2nd Battalion, 377th Parachute Field Artillery and activated at Fort Richardson, Alaska.
- September 21, 2018Air Defense Artillery honors legendary warrant officer
- September 20, 2018Idaho Army National Guard travels to Germany, trains 40 active Army in vehicle recovery
- September 20, 2018WHINSEC students visit UN, actively seek organizational evolution
- September 17, 2018Picatinny provides advanced system for accurate, efficient fires for field artillery
- September 14, 2018Who let the Devil Dogs out? Marine Artillery Detachment backers!
- September 13, 2018New Field Artillery tactical modem cuts costs, improves performance
- September 11, 2018Honolulu District activates EOC, response teams for storms
- September 6, 2018Field Artillery Museum's new mural serves as backdrop for Vietnam War display
- September 4, 2018Army researchers hope to lighten Soldiers' battery load
- August 31, 201875th Field Artillery Brigade Soldiers prepare for new physical fitness test
- August 31, 2018U.S. Army Health Contracting Activity focuses on Active Shooter Training
- August 30, 2018ECO Kids discovery events to keep children active
- August 23, 2018Artillery Accident of 1960: The deadliest event in the history of the Grafenwoehr Training Area
- August 16, 2018Drill sergeants follow road to wellness