ANMC holds sexual harassment training
By Mrs. Jennifer Bacchus (AMC)March 24, 2016
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- Catharsis Productions held sexual harassment training with the Anniston Munitions Center workforce at the DeSoto Pastime Center March 14 and 15.
The group, which teaches through interactive, thought-provoking dialogue with the audience, gave the workforce a new way of viewing sexual harassment and assault.
"Doing the same training over and over, you don't get the same impact," said Lt. Col. Shayne Moore, ANMC's commander. "Bringing in an outside organization makes the training fresh for employees."
The group pointed out numerous ways employees might create a ripe environment for sexual harassment or assault, simply by ignoring behaviors and allowing degrading terms to be spoken in the workplace.
Though all employees don't engage in the process, everyone has the capability to change the problem, said Anthony Dinicola, one of the educators from Catharsis.
- July 19, 201938th ADA Soldiers enhance U.S.-Japan partnership through volunteerism
- July 18, 2019Vice chief: Combating sexual assault relies on building cohesive units
- July 15, 2019Depot welcomes JMC leadership, tracks priorities for the future
- July 11, 2019CO: Thank you for your service, commitment to our warfighters
- July 10, 2019Security enterprise developing future workforce
- July 9, 2019Workforce recognizes successful supervisors
- July 5, 2019Aviation, missile commander addresses workforce
- July 3, 2019From the "Land Down Under" to Deutschland
- July 1, 2019Sierra Army Depot: Ensuring Army Readiness
- June 27, 2019Workforce applauds Army depot's family-friendly event
- June 26, 2019Ordnance Soldiers gain real-world skills with Crane Army Depot Operations
- June 25, 2019Hawthorne Army Depot: Providing Lethality That Wins
- June 19, 2019Tooele Army Depot…Positioned for lethality for the past 77 years
- June 17, 2019Destruction of Chemical Weapons Stockpile Begins at Blue Grass Army Depot
- June 17, 2019Acquisition writing competition showcases workforce talent and creativity
- June 13, 2019Warhurst holds final town hall