Army Announces 1st Cavalry Division Deployment
By Maj. Olivia NunnMarch 22, 2016
The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2016 deployment of the 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters and Sustainment Brigade, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 500 soldiers to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
The 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters will replace the headquarters of the 10th Mountain Division in Bagram Airfield as the National Support Element. "The 1st Cavalry Division has once again been called by our nation's Army," Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, III, commander, 1st Cavalry Division said. "First Team troopers are trained, well-led, and ready to accomplish assigned missions in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information contact Lt. Col. Sunset Belinsky, 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, at: email@example.com, 254-287-9398.
- August 10, 2018ANG's Outstanding First Sergeant of the Year: Master Sgt. Dawn C. Kloos
- August 9, 2018Lt. Gen. Twitty relinquishes command of First Army
- August 9, 2018First Army marks centennial: commander recounts WWI heroism, innovativeness
- August 8, 2018Army commander: Our Soldiers are the first line of defense against missile, space threats
- August 8, 2018First Army summit strengthens sexual assault prevention program
- August 7, 2018Regional Health Command-Atlantic's largest medical facility first to transition to DHA
- August 6, 2018'It's Not About You Anymore' Brave Rifles NCOs join the backbone of the Army
- August 6, 20183rd Cavalry and Coalition Forces Sharpen MASCAL Skills
- August 4, 2018Soldiers from 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry Regiment, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry D
- August 3, 2018Local Cadet graduates with distinction from US Army Air Assault School
- August 1, 2018Fire!
- August 1, 2018Driver, move out
- August 1, 2018Downrange
- August 1, 2018Sabot fly
- August 1, 2018Time to shoot
- August 1, 2018Fire