Army Announces 1st Cavalry Division Deployment
By Maj. Olivia NunnMarch 22, 2016
The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2016 deployment of the 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters and Sustainment Brigade, stationed in Fort Hood, Texas, with approximately 500 soldiers to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
The 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters will replace the headquarters of the 10th Mountain Division in Bagram Airfield as the National Support Element. "The 1st Cavalry Division has once again been called by our nation's Army," Maj. Gen. John C. Thomson, III, commander, 1st Cavalry Division said. "First Team troopers are trained, well-led, and ready to accomplish assigned missions in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel."
For more information contact Lt. Col. Sunset Belinsky, 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 254-287-9398.
- February 6, 201910th Mountain Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team conducts movement amidst polar vortex
- February 4, 2019Ironhorse Soldiers reflect on rotation, lessons learned
- February 1, 2019Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 319th Military Intelligence Battalion tests readiness
- January 30, 20191st SFG(A) Green Berets drop into Yuma Proving Grounds
- January 29, 2019National Guard Soldiers outsmart the beast of winter during Operation Raider Lightning
- January 25, 2019First Army celebrates MLK Jr. Day
- January 25, 2019Air cavalry might enhances SFAB exercises
- January 25, 2019Team APG hosts eighth annual FIRST Lego League Qualifier
- January 23, 2019First of its kind procedure minimizes recovery, surgeries for some WBAMC patients
- January 23, 2019First Army Visits 1st Theater Sustainment Command's Operational Command Post
- January 17, 2019Operational testing unit hosts first 'Externship' with local university college students
- January 8, 2019INSCOM welcomes new First Sergeant