The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Visits Task Force Sinai Soldiers
By Maj. Audricia Harris (Middle East)May 17, 2016
EL GORAH, Egypt-(Feb. 21, 2016)-- Soldiers of Task Force Sinai welcomed General Joseph F. Dunford, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to El Gorah, Egypt to speak to leaders of the small peacekeeping force and reaffirm the importance of the mission in the region.
Task Force Sinai, with approximately 700 Soldiers serving throughout the Sinai Peninsula, is the U.S. contribution to the Multinational Force and Observers' peacekeeping mission.
"Today I had the opportunity to visit and talk with the exceptional North Camp Multinational Force and Observers in the Sinai Peninsula," said Dunford. "The great Soldiers and partner nations service members, which make up the force play a crucial and strategic role in monitoring the peace brokered between Egypt and Israel at Camp David over 30 years ago."
While addressing troops during a lunch, Dunford reiterated the significance of the small U.S. contingent's participation in this peacekeeping mission and the importance of ensuring our troops safety in this region. The day's visit concluded with smiles and photo opportunities with the chairman and Command Sgt. Maj. John W. Troxell, senior enlisted advisor to the chairman.
"Task Force Sinai is a key participant in one of the most successful and longest standing peacekeeping missions in history," said Col. David E. Jones, Task Force Sinai commander.
This is the first time in history the U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has visited the small U.S. contingent.
"The chairman's visit to the Sinai confirms the importance of the contributions our Soldiers continue to make in the name of peace," said Jones. "He was very happy with the great achievements our troops have made over the last several months."
- July 1, 2020Chief Warrant Officers reflect on careers, cohort ahead of 102nd birthday
- July 1, 2020Army airborne task force descends onto Guam
- July 1, 2020Task Force Ramrod ready to make an impact while conducting summer training at West Point
- June 29, 2020Cook appointed to the Senior Executive Service as resource management assistant deputy chief of staff
- June 27, 2020CJTF-HOA supports Djibouti’s fight against COVID-19
- June 26, 2020Adjutant General School welcomes new commandant
- June 26, 2020Army Project Inclusion – FAQs
- June 26, 2020Mols Named USACE 2020 PM of the Year
- June 25, 2020Army Chief Warrant Officer reflects on Army career, benefits
- June 25, 2020Army unveils new initiative to promote diversity, inclusion across the force
- June 25, 2020BG Michelle Letcher is 42nd Chief of Ordnance
- June 24, 2020West Virginia Task Force Medical in thick of COVID-19 fight
- June 23, 2020Task Force Spartan Maintainers Keep the Task Force Moving
- June 18, 2020Information Age Logistics – Visualizing the Installation Footprint
- June 10, 2020Peacekeepers Wish Happy Birthday to the Army