Army Awards and Decorations Review
By U.S. Army Human Resources Command ReleaseFebruary 19, 2016
FORT KNOX, Ky.- The U.S. Army Human Resources Command's Awards and Decoration Branch is seeking documentation for Silver Star awards that were approved since September 18, 2001 in support of the Global War on Terrorism as part the Department of Defense's Military Decorations and Awards Review.HRC is honored to support DoD's effort to appropriately recognize the service, sacrifices, and actions of our service members. To that end, HRC is accepting documentations from Soldiers, Veterans, Families and award recommenders for Silver Stars that were awarded during the Global War on Terrorism."We need to ensure the actions of those that have gone above and beyond the call of duty while engaging the enemies of the United States are recognized," said Lt. Col. Wil Neubauer, HRC Chief of Army Awards and Decorations Branch. "We want to do our due diligence in reviewing every document we can, to include all documents received from or on behalf of current service members or veterans."HRC requires documentation no later than March 31, 2016 to allow time for an Army-level board review. The Silver Star documentation needed is based on the original submission and write up. No new or substantive information will be considered.HRC's Awards and Decorations Branch will then provide the Secretary of the Army with their findings by August 2017, with a final report provided to the Secretary of Defense in September 2017.Send available Silver Star documents such as the approved award recommendation (Department of the Army Form 638), citation, narrative, and sworn statements to HRC Awards and Decorations Branch at email@example.com or mailing address:U.S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDP-A
1600 Spearhead Division Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40122For additional information, contact the Awards and Decorations Branch at (502) 613-9126.
- May 29, 2020History packed Honor Field sees increased visitors
- May 29, 2020Fort Jackson teacher finalist for Educator of Promise Award
- May 29, 2020FMWR moving toward return of normal operations
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 27, 2020Honolulu District hydraulic engineer named 2019 USACE Climate Champion Award winner
- May 27, 2020Army awards nearly $3M to push research boundaries in off-road autonomy
- May 26, 2020Semper Fi!
- May 26, 2020Saber Squadron One Step Closer to Army's Top Maintenance Award
- May 22, 20201st Medical Brigade leader recognized by Dental Corps
- May 21, 2020Fort Leonard Wood senior leaders surprise Soldier with President’s Volunteer Service Award
- May 20, 2020In their own words: Fort Leonard Wood community members explain the significance of Memorial Day
- May 12, 2020Michigan National Guard Base earns top DOD environmental award