GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes program will host two transition summits in Europe during March.
The first will be held at U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria, March 7-8, and the other at USAG Rheinland-Pfalz, March 10-11.
The summits feature employment workshops, town hall-style panel discussions, networking receptions and career fairs, all aimed at helping transitioning service members, veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment.
The transition summit at USAG Bavaria takes place at the Multipurpose Facility, Bldg. 134 on Rose Barracks. The current schedule includes the following:
• 2:30 p.m.: Soldier for Life professional development session for commanders, command sergeants major and first sergeants
• 4 p.m.: Interactive forums and panel discussions for employers and leaders
• 5:30 p.m.: Networking reception for employers, senior leaders and job seekers
• 9 a.m.: Job seeker registration
• 10 a.m.: Workshops and panel discussions for job seekers
• 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
• 1:30 p.m.: Hiring fair and career forum
The summit at USAG Rheinland-Pfalz takes place at Armstrong's Club, Bldg. 1036, Vogelweh Housing. The current schedule includes the following:
• 2 p.m.: Soldier for Life leadership professional development session for commanders, command sergeants major and first sergeants
• 3 p.m.: Interactive forums and panel discussion for employers and leaders
• 4:30 p.m.: Networking reception for employers, service members, military spouses and veterans
• 8:30 a.m.: Job seeker registration
• 9:30 a.m.: Workshops and panel discussions for job seekers
• 12:15 p.m.: Lunch
• 1 p.m.: Career readiness fair
The two summits are being hosted in partnership with Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Defense, the Army and the Air Force.
Summit organizers recommend registering online prior to the event: www.hiringourheroes.org.