Transition summits to educate Soldiers on employment process
By Ms. Anne Fugate (Grafenwoehr)February 3, 2016
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes program will host two transition summits in Europe during March.
The first will be held at U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria, March 7-8, and the other at USAG Rheinland-Pfalz, March 10-11.
The summits feature employment workshops, town hall-style panel discussions, networking receptions and career fairs, all aimed at helping transitioning service members, veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment.
The transition summit at USAG Bavaria takes place at the Multipurpose Facility, Bldg. 134 on Rose Barracks. The current schedule includes the following:MARCH 7• 2:30 p.m.: Soldier for Life professional development session for commanders, command sergeants major and first sergeants• 4 p.m.: Interactive forums and panel discussions for employers and leaders• 5:30 p.m.: Networking reception for employers, senior leaders and job seekersMARCH 8• 9 a.m.: Job seeker registration• 10 a.m.: Workshops and panel discussions for job seekers• 12:30 p.m.: Lunch• 1:30 p.m.: Hiring fair and career forumThe summit at USAG Rheinland-Pfalz takes place at Armstrong's Club, Bldg. 1036, Vogelweh Housing. The current schedule includes the following:MARCH 10• 2 p.m.: Soldier for Life leadership professional development session for commanders, command sergeants major and first sergeants• 3 p.m.: Interactive forums and panel discussion for employers and leaders• 4:30 p.m.: Networking reception for employers, service members, military spouses and veteransMARCH 11• 8:30 a.m.: Job seeker registration• 9:30 a.m.: Workshops and panel discussions for job seekers• 12:15 p.m.: Lunch• 1 p.m.: Career readiness fairThe two summits are being hosted in partnership with Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Defense, the Army and the Air Force.Summit organizers recommend registering online prior to the event: www.hiringourheroes.org.
- May 20, 2020BACH Dietitians launch nutrition mini-series for beneficiaries sheltering at home
- May 20, 2020Local students discuss their experiences with digital learning during COVID-19
- May 15, 2020Expanded program aids military employees with job transfer opportunities
- May 14, 2020Industrial base leaders discuss progress, COVID-19 impacts
- May 12, 2020PM Close Combat Squad provides Guardsmen Situational Awareness in fight against COVID-19
- May 11, 2020JMC officers discuss lessons learned from selection to battalion command
- May 7, 2020National Nurses Day – Fort Leonard Wood military spouses discuss interactions with GLWACH nurses
- April 27, 2020Dean’s Book Club doesn’t let distance stop the discussion
- April 22, 2020Army Inspector General conference focuses on COVID
- April 14, 2020Military doctors, nurse discuss COVID-19 crisis in New York
- April 14, 2020Deployment Readiness Includes Employment: Employed Troops Essential to Strategic Readiness
- April 1, 2020Civilian Personnel Advisory Center offers suggestions for ‘new landscape’ of telework
- April 1, 2020FLW holds virtual COVID-19 town hall to discuss public health emergency
- March 31, 20202CR’s supply NCOs discuss Women’s History Month
- March 26, 2020Fort Drum and Northern New York community leaders unified in fight against COVID 19