U.S. ARMY OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF CHAPLAINS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:LOCATING A SOLDIER, CHAPLAIN, CHAPLAIN ASSISTANT, RETIRED OR DECEASED PERSONNEL Based on the Privacy Act of 1974, we are not authorized to provide an address, phone number or location of any active duty Soldier, Army Reserve, National Guard, or retired military personnel. Further, this office is not staffed with adequate personnel to research specific historical information or requests.If you're attempting to reach a family member overseas with emergency information, please contact your local Red Cross chapter for assistance.BECOMING A CHAPLAIN Please visit this website http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain.html to see if your questions are answered. If not, you can use the buttons on the website to direct your question to a chaplain recruiter.CHAPLAIN ASSISTANT RECRUITING INFORMATION The following website outlines requirements specifically to become a Chaplain Assistant: http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/administrative-support/chaplain-assistant.html• GoArmy -- Enlisted Soldiers (general): http://www.goarmy.com/about/service-options/enlisted-soldiers-and-officers/enlisted-soldier.html• GoArmy -- Chaplain Assistant (56M): http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/administrative-support/chaplain-assistant.htmlENDORSEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONS/BOOK/PRODUCTS Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Army Chaplain Corps. We would like to assist, but we are not authorized to directly endorse any private organization, specific books, products, or gifts for donation to the Chaplain CorpsCONTACTING CHAPLAIN CORPS SENIOR LEADERS The Army.mil inbox is not designed to communicate directly with senior leaders in the Chaplain Corps (General Officers or Regimental Sergeant Major). For both security and privacy, we do not provide any type of contact information to include an address, phone number or building location. If you are in the U.S. Army and have correspondence for Chaplain Corps Senior Leaders, please coordinate directly with your chain of command or specific organization before sending emails to this inbox.POTENTIAL SCAMS The challenge with most scams is determining if an individual is a legitimate member of the US Army. Based on the Privacy Act of 1974, we cannot provide this information. If concerned about a scam you may contact the Better Business Bureau (if it involves a solicitation for money), or local law enforcement. If you're involved in a Facebook or dating site scam, you are free to contact the Criminal Investigation Division of the US Army. You may contact the Criminal Investigation Division at http://www.cid.army.mil/CARE PACKAGES/ HOLIDAY CARDS/GIFTS We do not have the personnel to provide names of deployed Soldiers or Chaplains and Chaplain Assistants for the purpose of receiving care packages or holiday cards. Please contact the Adopt a Chaplain Program at http://adopt-a-chaplain.org/ to assist with your request.CHAPLAIN SERVICES / SUPPORT / ASSISTANCE There are many venues for getting help including the Military Crisis Line, which provides confidential support 24 hours a day at 1-800-273-8255 (press 1) and online chat and text assistance at 838255. In Europe, call 00800 1273 8255 or DSN 118. In South Korea, call 0808 555 118 or DSN 118. Additionally, those wanting to learn about different avenues of assistance can go to www.militarycrisisline.netWEDDINGS This inbox is not designed to coordinate requests for weddings, religious events or reserving chapels. If you in one of the components of the US Army, contact your unit chaplain or garrison/installation Chaplain.SACRAMENTAL RECORDS All sacramental records are kept on file at the Edward G. O'Brien Pastoral Center (HQ of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA). You can call 202-719-3600 or can go on line to milarch.org to request copies. You can also write to them at the following address: Archdiocese for the Military Services USA, P. O. Box 4469 Washington, DC 20350-2000.STRONG BONDS If you have specific questions about Strong Bonds, you should contact your unit chaplain or garrison/ installation chaplain.PERSONNEL/RETIREMENT INFO If you have personnel questions, to include retirement pins or certificates, you should direct them to your Chaplain Personnel Manager (CPM) for your specific component. If you do not know your CPM, then you should talk to your Technical Supervisor / Senior Chaplain. You should also check with the Military Personnel Division (MPD) on your local installation or through your component before sending questions forward.CHAPLAIN/CHAPLAIN ASSISTANT QUESTIONS This website is not designed or staffed to levels to respond to general questions. If you are an Army Chaplain or Chaplain Assistant, please work directly with your technical chain of command before sending forward an email.If you have further questions, please contact us using the email address below: usarmy.pentagon.hqda-occh.mbx.chief-of-chaplains@mail.mil