Service members, families motivated by holiday spirit for Operation Toy Trot
By Spc. Angela LordenDecember 8, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - A little fog has never stopped Santa from delivering toys to children on Christmas Eve -- and it didn't stop service members from taking part in the annual Operation Toy Trot 5k race, held Dec. 2, 2015.Coordinated by the Air Force, Operation Toy Trot worked in conjunction with the 18th Annual Randy Oler Memorial Operation Toy Drop. Hosted by the U.S. Army Civil Affairs & Psychological Operations Command (Airborne) with the help of the Army Reserve, Operation Toy Drop is an event that collects toys and distributes them to children in need during the holiday season."Operation Toy Trot and Toy Drop help by not just giving back, but by giving hope," said Airman 1st Class Haley Bradshaw of the 43rd Air Base Squadron, a volunteer for Operation Toy Trot.Airmen, Soldiers ad families came in holiday costumes with toy donations, which were then given in support of Operation Toy Drop.
The participants weren't the only ones motivated the morning of Operation Toy Trot.
"I try and do a lot of volunteer events," said Bradshaw. "For this one, I was really excited when I first heard about it. I signed up immediately."This enthusiasm for helping the community and Operation Toy Drop helped the event raise over 70 donations this year from its participants."It is the holiday season and you can always give back," said Tech Sgt. Donell Walker, the noncommissioned officer in charge of Operation Toy Trot with the 43rd ABS. "I have everything. I'm blessed. I have a job. I have a great family. I have my health. The only thing I can do now is give back and help spread the holiday cheer."It is this holiday cheer that has fostered Operation Toy Drop's success since 1998. This success has provided over 100,000 toys to children since the event's creation.
- October 26, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Readiness Training
- September 11, 2020Army Brain Operant Learning Technology competition accepting applications until Sept. 15
- March 24, 2020U.S. Army raises health protection across all installations
- September 12, 2019Army releases results of 2019 housing surveys
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming III Corps Headquarters deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Armored Division Headquarters unit rotation
- September 12, 20194th Inf. Div. Soldiers killed in training accident
- September 12, 2019Army Announces Activation of Second Security Force Assistance Brigade at Fort Bragg
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces III Corps deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division Headquarters deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division deployment
- September 12, 2019DA ANNOUNCES ROTATIONAL DEPLOYMENTS
- September 12, 2019DA announces upcoming deployment
- September 12, 2019TWO BRIGADES FROM 4TH INFANTRY DIVISION TO DEPLOY TO AFGHANISTAN