Service members, families motivated by holiday spirit for Operation Toy Trot
By Spc. Angela LordenDecember 8, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - A little fog has never stopped Santa from delivering toys to children on Christmas Eve -- and it didn't stop service members from taking part in the annual Operation Toy Trot 5k race, held Dec. 2, 2015.Coordinated by the Air Force, Operation Toy Trot worked in conjunction with the 18th Annual Randy Oler Memorial Operation Toy Drop. Hosted by the U.S. Army Civil Affairs & Psychological Operations Command (Airborne) with the help of the Army Reserve, Operation Toy Drop is an event that collects toys and distributes them to children in need during the holiday season."Operation Toy Trot and Toy Drop help by not just giving back, but by giving hope," said Airman 1st Class Haley Bradshaw of the 43rd Air Base Squadron, a volunteer for Operation Toy Trot.Airmen, Soldiers ad families came in holiday costumes with toy donations, which were then given in support of Operation Toy Drop.
The participants weren't the only ones motivated the morning of Operation Toy Trot.
"I try and do a lot of volunteer events," said Bradshaw. "For this one, I was really excited when I first heard about it. I signed up immediately."This enthusiasm for helping the community and Operation Toy Drop helped the event raise over 70 donations this year from its participants."It is the holiday season and you can always give back," said Tech Sgt. Donell Walker, the noncommissioned officer in charge of Operation Toy Trot with the 43rd ABS. "I have everything. I'm blessed. I have a job. I have a great family. I have my health. The only thing I can do now is give back and help spread the holiday cheer."It is this holiday cheer that has fostered Operation Toy Drop's success since 1998. This success has provided over 100,000 toys to children since the event's creation.
- April 2, 202038th Infantry Soldiers return from Operation Spartan Shield
- April 1, 2020West Point outlines quarantine, isolation guidelines in playbook
- March 31, 202038th Infantry Division Returns From Operation Spartan Shield
- March 31, 2020With schools closed due to COVID-19, The Exchange provides meals for students
- March 25, 2020DeCA, West Point Commissary adjust shopping limits, implement other changes
- March 25, 2020MICC assists acquisition partners with training event
- March 25, 2020Army Substance Abuse Program adjusts hours of operation during COVID-19 outbreak
- March 25, 2020USAISEC expertise powers cutting-edge 2nd Infantry Division cyber operations center
- March 24, 2020U.S. Army raises health protection across all installations
- March 20, 2020USAREC shifts to virtual recruiting to reduce COVID-19 risk
- March 19, 2020Commissary adjusts shopping limits, other changes during COVID-19 pandemic
- March 18, 2020Representatives briefed on rail operations plan
- March 18, 2020Army budget request targets readiness
- March 12, 2020428th refocuses on large-scale FA operations
- March 12, 2020DLC VI is now operational
- March 7, 2020The Bayonet