Service members, families motivated by holiday spirit for Operation Toy Trot
By Spc. Angela LordenDecember 8, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - A little fog has never stopped Santa from delivering toys to children on Christmas Eve -- and it didn't stop service members from taking part in the annual Operation Toy Trot 5k race, held Dec. 2, 2015.Coordinated by the Air Force, Operation Toy Trot worked in conjunction with the 18th Annual Randy Oler Memorial Operation Toy Drop. Hosted by the U.S. Army Civil Affairs & Psychological Operations Command (Airborne) with the help of the Army Reserve, Operation Toy Drop is an event that collects toys and distributes them to children in need during the holiday season."Operation Toy Trot and Toy Drop help by not just giving back, but by giving hope," said Airman 1st Class Haley Bradshaw of the 43rd Air Base Squadron, a volunteer for Operation Toy Trot.Airmen, Soldiers ad families came in holiday costumes with toy donations, which were then given in support of Operation Toy Drop.
The participants weren't the only ones motivated the morning of Operation Toy Trot.
"I try and do a lot of volunteer events," said Bradshaw. "For this one, I was really excited when I first heard about it. I signed up immediately."This enthusiasm for helping the community and Operation Toy Drop helped the event raise over 70 donations this year from its participants."It is the holiday season and you can always give back," said Tech Sgt. Donell Walker, the noncommissioned officer in charge of Operation Toy Trot with the 43rd ABS. "I have everything. I'm blessed. I have a job. I have a great family. I have my health. The only thing I can do now is give back and help spread the holiday cheer."It is this holiday cheer that has fostered Operation Toy Drop's success since 1998. This success has provided over 100,000 toys to children since the event's creation.
- July 2, 2020Holiday Activities on Fort Huachuca
- July 1, 2020Do's and don'ts for displaying Old Glory
- July 1, 2020U.S. Army Operational Test Command sends off senior enlisted advisor to Ft. Irwin
- July 1, 2020Army revamps business approach
- June 30, 2020USASOAC welcomes new commander
- June 29, 2020Fort Rucker’s ATSCOM, 164th TAOG welcome new commander
- June 25, 2020Enjoy a safe holiday
- June 19, 2020North Carolina Guard conducts airborne operations
- June 19, 2020Geronimo Jack keeps Ops Gp farm animals safe, in step
- June 18, 2020Bad Actors in the Information Space are here to disrupt the Operational Environment
- June 15, 2020North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes
- June 12, 2020Fort Indiantown Gap scaling up operations
- June 12, 2020Humphreys wins Army lodging operations award