This Environmental Management Policy affirms TARDEC's intent to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and emphasize continuous improvement of the environmental performance of our products, services, and processes as we support the organization's mission and vision. In fact, for the ninth straight year, TARDEC's Environmental Management System audit resulted in no findings of non-conformance during the review period. This is an exceptional and rare accomplishment our associates are extremely proud of.
TARDEC is committed to reducing its environmental footprint while carrying out its mission of developing, integrating and sustaining the right technology solutions and providing full life-cycle engineering support for all manned and unmanned systems across the ground vehicle domain.
TARDEC is implementing this policy on which the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) is built.
To support our EMS, all personnel -- government and contractors -- working on behalf of TARDEC will conduct themselves and perform duties in accordance with the following principles:
• Look to improve the environmental performance of all activities, products & services including areas not subject to regulation.
• Ensure compliance with applicable Local, State and Federal environmental laws, regulations, policies and all other requirements for which TARDEC subscribes.
• Active pollution prevention to counteract the adverse effects to our environment where practical.
• Educate all associates on their environmental responsibilities.
• Increase public awareness of our commitment to protect the environment.
Paul D. Rogers, Ph.D, SES
Director, U.S. Army Tank Automotive
Research, Development and Engineering Center