Regionally Allocated Forces from 1st CAV arrive in Germany
By Capt. Jaymon Bell (12th Combat Aviation Brigade)November 10, 2015
NUREMBERG, Germany--About 450 Soldiers of 3rd Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade from Fort Hood, Texas, arrived here, Nov. 9, at Albrecht Dürer Airport.The Soldiers and some 25 Black Hawk helicopters will be here on a rotational basis and are part of the U.S. Army's commitment to the European theater to ensure Army Europe has the right capability to meet training and operational requirements. The rotation for these Soldiers is expected to last about nine months.The unit will initially operate out of Storck Barracks, Illesheim, Germany. The majority of the Soldiers and their helicopters will then deploy to participate in Operation Atlantic Resolve training exercises taking place in several NATO countries in Eastern Europe.The Soldiers from Task Force Spearhead are replacing 4th Battalion, 3rd Aviation Regiment, 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade from Hunter Army Airfield, Ga., who arrived to Germany in mid-March.This rotation is consistent with the Army's Regionally Allocated Forces concept, aligning units to support theater requirements. Regional alignment is also synchronized with the Army's new operational concept of winning in a complex world.Since April, Army Europe has conducted continuous, enhanced multinational training and security cooperation activities with allies and partners in Europe. Currently, Operation Atlantic Resolve's enhanced land force training and security cooperation activities are taking place in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria; with plans to expand in the near future.
- August 11, 2020Soldiers, Airmen based in Europe join USAID in supporting Lebanon
- August 11, 2020Dental Health Command Europe conducts change of responsibility ceremony
- August 10, 2020PICC increases safety, efficiancy at ICU
- August 10, 2020LRMC holds relinquishment of responsibility
- August 10, 2020High-throughput testing system latest addition to combat COVID-19 at LRMC
- August 10, 20207236th MSU takes charge of DWMMC
- August 8, 202012th CAB, 173rd Soldiers train sling loads/air assaults during Saber Junction 20
- August 6, 2020Military band creates memories with Stuttgart seniors
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- July 30, 2020Motorcycle courses help Soldiers hone skills
- July 24, 2020U.S. Army Europe to put ‘Best Warriors’ to test
- July 24, 20201,000 kilometers in 19 days – no easy task on a mountain bike