RDECOM: Who We Are
By U.S. ArmyDecember 2, 2015
The U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command, known as RDECOM, performs the science, technology and engineering to make American Soldiers safe and strong.The command is made up of six research, development and engineering centers and the U.S. Army Research Laboratory with locations across the country. RDECOM has three international technology centers and one contracting center.The combined efforts of these organizations enable the U.S. Army to coordinate innovative concepts and ideas while remaining agile ahead of ever-changing technological advances. RDECOM puts technology in the hands of Soldiers when and where they need it.RDECOM is the U.S. Army's technology leader and its largest technology developer. RDECOM ensures the dominance of U.S. Army capabilities by creating, integrating and delivering technology-enabled solutions to the American warfighter.To meet this commitment to the Army, RDECOM develops technologies at its research centers and laboratories in partnership with an extensive network of academic, industry and international partners.RDECOM provides the U.S. Army with an essential research and development capability. More than 13,000 civilian employees and direct contractors form RDECOM's mission critical team. Most RDECOM employees are civilian engineers and scientists, many of whom are the Army's leading experts in their fields.A fundamental characteristic of this workforce is its focus on the Soldier. Whether providing technology solutions to meet current operational needs or developing breakthrough technologies for the next generation, RDECOM stands at the forefront of what the Soldier eats, wears, fires, flies and drives.Do you have what it takes to be part of the team?See related links in the right-hand navigation for more information.-----The U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command has the mission to ensure decisive overmatch for unified land operations to empower the Army, the joint warfighter and our nation. RDECOM is a major subordinate command of the U.S. Army Materiel Command.
- July 14, 2020Fort Leonard Wood senior leaders encourage participation in Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
- July 10, 2020Fort Gordon: 'Now is not the time to let guard down'
- July 9, 2020Post-employment: When are you seeking outside employment?
- July 8, 2020Kredo assumes duty as Red River’s 43rd commander
- July 8, 2020Through virtual orientation, new employees learn how Joint Munitions Command supports the Warfighter
- July 7, 2020CYBER SNAPSHOT: SGT 1ST CLASS AARON M. STRACKE
- July 7, 2020ACC-RI Interns support the JMTC FRS contract
- July 6, 2020Indiana Guard helps test long-term care staff across state
- June 30, 2020Fort Worth District employee honored as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Project Manager of the Year
- June 30, 2020Daegu Army Wellness Center opens with cutting edge technology
- June 30, 2020Army facilitates Navy ship-to-shore virtual health capability
- June 26, 2020Innovation Panels ignite ingenuity for CECOM Software Engineering Center
- June 24, 2020CCDC AvMC selects principal deputy for science, technology efforts
- June 18, 2020Engineer Research and Development Center continues the fight against COVID-19