Sky Soldiers strengthen bonds with Ukrainian school children
By Staff Sgt. Adriana Diaz-BrownOctober 26, 2015
STARYCHI, Ukraine - Paratroopers from the U.S. Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade visited one of the schools of Starychi Oct. 23, to practice and expand their English knowledge with Ukrainian students.Paratroopers from the 173rd Abn. Bde. rejoiced after multiple hours of reading, playing music and sharing experiences with the Ukrainian school children."It felt so good and exciting to see for first time the interaction between U.S. Army soldiers and our students," said Natalia Kosyk, director of the school of Starychi.After hours of interaction and bonding between students and paratroopers, students and teachers showed their gratitude by singing and providing traditional Ukrainian food.
Paratroopers from the 173rd Abn. Bde. demonstrated support, engaged in partnership and learning experiences with the students."I am so thankful. It is very nice to see representative from the U.S. Army in our school and feel their support," said Kosyk.Paratroopers from the 173rd Abn. Bde. are in Ukraine to train Ukraine's national guard as part of Fearless Guardian, which is schedule to last through November.Fearless Guardian involves approximately 300 paratroopers, from the 173rd Airborne Brigade, training Ukraine's newly formed national guard under the congressionally-approved Global Contingency Security Fund - Ukraine.
- May 27, 2020Captain impresses TRADOC CG with COVID-19 mitigation measures for Airborne students, cadre safety
- May 26, 2020Fort Knox teachers thank parents for partnering with them to ‘finish the year well’
- May 26, 2020WHINSEC Honors Command & General Staff Officer Course Students
- May 21, 2020Fort Leavenworth parade celebrates students’ accomplishments
- May 21, 2020CSMS eighth graders 'graduate' midst COVID-19
- May 21, 2020All Trainers on Deck!
- May 20, 2020Local students discuss their experiences with digital learning during COVID-19
- May 15, 2020Paratroopers train to become Soldiers-Athletes with GiBs
- May 11, 2020Mitigation measures enable successful recon ops for Paratroopers
- May 6, 2020Student-athlete, to Army ROTC, to Potential NFL Pro.
- May 4, 2020The NCOLCoE students of class 70 - learners, leaders, and mentors
- April 30, 2020601st Quartermaster Company Sews Face Masks For COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- April 29, 2020Parachute rigger school jumpers once again fly skies over Pickett