By Directorate of Communication and Public Affairs, U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, Fort Rucker, AlabamaSeptember 16, 2015
Winners of the annual Secretary of the Army and Army Chief of Staff Safety Awards were recently named by the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center.
Awards are granted to both individuals and units that have made significant improvements or contributions to loss prevention and proactive risk management during the previous fiscal year, according to Department of the Army Pamphlet 385-10, Army Safety Program.
"The achievements of these outstanding organizations demonstrate the dedication and commitment our Soldiers and Army Civilians have made to preserve readiness through safety, risk management and loss prevention," said Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Farnsworth, director of Army Safety and commanding general, USACRC. "They are all role models for others to emulate, and I want to personally congratulate each of them."
• SA/CSA Army Headquarters Safety Award: U.S. Army Forces Command, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Division: 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Georgia
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Brigade: U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development, and Engineering Center, Warren, Michigan
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Garrison: U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Riley, Kansas
• SA/CSA Exceptional Organization Safety Award - Battalion: 1st Battalion, 40th Field Artillery Regiment, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - Officer: Col. Peter B. Andrysiak, U.S. Army Central
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - NCO/Enlisted: Sgt. First Class Stephen Highsmith, U.S. Army Cyber Command
• SA/CSA Individual Award of Excellence in Safety - Civilian: Marcial M. Tumacder, U.S. Army Reserve Command
• SA/CSA Industrial Operations Safety Award: Edgewood Chemical Biological Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
• SA/CSA Excellence in Explosives Safety Award: U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Campbell, Kentucky
For more information on Army safety awards, visit https://safety.army.mil.