Free online military spouse wellness summit Oct. 19-23
By InDependent and The Army Wife Network news releaseSeptember 15, 2015
FORT RILEY, Kansas -- InDependent and The Army Wife Network launch registration sign-ups for the first ever online Military Spouse Wellness Summit: Invest in Yourself 2015 sponsored by The USAA Educational Foundation.
The free online summit takes place during the week of Oct. 19-23, with a bonus day on Saturday when the grand-prize winner of a wellness-themed SpouseBox will be announced. Summit participants will receive 10 interviews from health, nutrition, fitness, and financial experts specially recruited for the summit to help inspire military spouses to thrive.
Military spouses can register at http://in-dependent.org/wellness-summit."Marrying into the military six years ago, I've witnessed first-hand an entire culture of people who give of their time, energy and talents," said Michele Bradfield, executive director of InDependent. "They selflessly help progress their spouses' careers, take care of their children, volunteer for their communities, schools, and Family Readiness Groups, often at the expense of their own personal well-being. Motivated to give back to those who always give, InDependent and Army Wife Network set out to create an event that addresses the specific needs of military spouses."Day themes and sponsors for the summit include:• Day 1: Invest in Your Future -- Sponsored by the USAA Educational Foundation• Day 2: Invest in Physical and Mental Health Sponsored by QALO Rings• Day 3: Invest in Eating Well -- Sponsored by MSB New Media• Day 4: Invest in Your Relationship -- Sponsored by Thrive Market• Day 5: Invest in Preventative Wellness -- Sponsored by MetLife DentalAll summit registrants will receive a FREE one-year membership to Thrive Market ($49 value), plus one-week of virtual health training by: Fit.Active.Toned. Everyone who registers for the event will also be eligible to win exclusive giveaways.ABOUT INDEPENDENTFounded by military spouses for military spouses, InDependent's goal is to create a thriving community of military spouses that inspires each other to make health and wellness a priority. InDependent is a campaign of Public Health Foundation Enterprises, a 501c(3) nonprofit and a nationally recognized leader in fiscal sponsorship for over 45 years. To find out more about In-Dependent, please go to: http://in-dependent.org/ABOUT THE ARMY WIFE NETWORKThe Army Wife Network is a core team of new and seasoned Army wives and military community members on a mission to empower the journeys of those who follow. AWN boasts the original internet talk radio show designed specifically for military spouses -- Army Wife Talk Radio -- in its ninth year of broadcasting, over 84,000 Facebook fans, and one of the longest running military spouse blogs on the internet. Please go to http://armywifenetwork.com/ for more information about AWN.
- August 7, 20203-27th FAR (HIMARS) bring the firepower and the heat
- July 30, 2020Army spouse’s website seeks pen pals for veterans
- July 29, 2020In online housing session, Fort Benning highlights tenant rights, responsibilities, other issues
- July 27, 2020Program showcases organization’s role models, leaders
- July 23, 2020Army sponsorship program helps ease transition for Soldiers, Families
- July 22, 2020Detainee Operations | Units Face Dual Imperatives of Security and Sustainment
- July 17, 2020Army senior leaders discuss lessons learned from COVID-19
- July 16, 2020British General Officer Completes Historic U.S. Army, Afghanistan Command Tour
- July 16, 2020Fort Leavenworth Summer transition underway, ‘doing well’
- July 13, 2020Healthy communication contributes to wellness
- July 8, 2020Help Heal Veterans sponsors Family MWR
- July 6, 2020For Marin, his truck is a vital part of being a sponsor
- July 6, 2020Sponsorship requires extra dedication under COVID-19 quarantine restrictions
- July 1, 2020Masks For You