On the move: 1st TSC waves goodbye, welcomes Soldiers home
By Mrs. Elizabeth I Gerhart (1st TSC)August 14, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- It was a bittersweet week for 1st Sustainment Command (Theater) as they bid farewell to deploying Soldiers but also welcomed home returning team members.
The TSC conducted a deployment ceremony, Aug. 11 for the "Red team", which consisted of about 35 Soldiers who deployed as part of a regular rotation of the command's forward headquarters.
"You know the mission and you dedicated yourselves and trained hard for it," said Maj. Gen. Paul C. Hurley Jr., commanding general, 1st TSC. "I have the utmost confidence in your sustainment abilities."
The 1st TSC is a major subordinate command of U.S. Army Central and has two headquarters, one at Fort Bragg and another in Kuwait, where the unit provides logistical support in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.
"People all over the CENTCOM AOR trust the patch that you wear on your left shoulder. They know it represents unparalleled professionalism," said Hurley.
On Aug. 12, the command welcomed home the 14th Human Resources Sustainment Center. Soldiers of the 14th HRSC have served the last nine months in Kuwait providing human resources support, postal operations and casualty assistance.
"I want to personally thank you for your service and sacrifice while deployed and answering our nation's call to service," said Col. Johnney Matthews, Chief of Staff, 1st TSC. "Your unit has served our Army and our country with honor and distinction."
With Soldiers and civilians deployed throughout the world, the pace doesn't slow down for the 1st TSC as they prepare to welcome home another team of Soldiers later this month.
- June 5, 2020SPO executive director promoted into Senior Executive Service at ASC
- June 5, 2020Garrison CYS youths take first, second in European competition
- June 4, 2020New Commander, New Mission: 10th MDSB welcomes Miller
- June 2, 202025th Sustainment Brigade holds ammunition training
- June 1, 2020Georgia Guard members deployed in 2019 respond to COVID in 2020
- June 1, 2020Manda Bay, BMA name facilities for fallen service member
- May 29, 2020New commander takes reins of 13th ESC
- May 29, 2020Jackson deploys thermal system in COVID fight
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 28, 2020Engineering Acquisition
- May 21, 20208th TSC Memorial Day Message
- May 15, 2020Paratroopers train to become Soldiers-Athletes with GiBs
- May 11, 2020The 311th ESC conducts its first Virtual Battle Assembly
- May 4, 20201st TSC Soldiers Complete Mission: Advise, Assist, and Enable Iraqi Security Force Logistics