On the move: 1st TSC waves goodbye, welcomes Soldiers home
By Mrs. Elizabeth I Gerhart (1st TSC)August 14, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- It was a bittersweet week for 1st Sustainment Command (Theater) as they bid farewell to deploying Soldiers but also welcomed home returning team members.
The TSC conducted a deployment ceremony, Aug. 11 for the "Red team", which consisted of about 35 Soldiers who deployed as part of a regular rotation of the command's forward headquarters.
"You know the mission and you dedicated yourselves and trained hard for it," said Maj. Gen. Paul C. Hurley Jr., commanding general, 1st TSC. "I have the utmost confidence in your sustainment abilities."
The 1st TSC is a major subordinate command of U.S. Army Central and has two headquarters, one at Fort Bragg and another in Kuwait, where the unit provides logistical support in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.
"People all over the CENTCOM AOR trust the patch that you wear on your left shoulder. They know it represents unparalleled professionalism," said Hurley.
On Aug. 12, the command welcomed home the 14th Human Resources Sustainment Center. Soldiers of the 14th HRSC have served the last nine months in Kuwait providing human resources support, postal operations and casualty assistance.
"I want to personally thank you for your service and sacrifice while deployed and answering our nation's call to service," said Col. Johnney Matthews, Chief of Staff, 1st TSC. "Your unit has served our Army and our country with honor and distinction."
With Soldiers and civilians deployed throughout the world, the pace doesn't slow down for the 1st TSC as they prepare to welcome home another team of Soldiers later this month.
- August 14, 20201st Theater Sustainment Command responds to crisis in Beirut
- August 14, 2020TSC conducts virtual change of command ceremony
- August 12, 2020Army Reserve’s 926th Engineer Brigade welcomes new commander to the 'Iron Castle'
- August 11, 2020AMCOM sustains readiness, cultivates inclusion, tackles reporting challenges
- August 10, 2020First Army Division East welcomes new commander
- August 6, 202031st Air Defense Artillery Brigade welcomes new commander
- August 6, 20203rd Special Forces Group Wins Active Field Feeding Category of the 52nd Philip A. Connelly Award
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria’s HHC welcomes new first sergeant
- July 29, 20201st TSC welcomes new command sergeant major
- July 29, 202079th TSC Best Warrior Board
- July 27, 2020Army Values begin with loyalty, sustain readiness mission
- July 24, 2020Swinney takes cyclic control of 5th Aviation Regiment
- July 22, 2020Senate confirms first woman to command Army reserve
- July 20, 2020USAG Ansbach oversees largest railhead movement in 10 years