Army & Air Force Exchange Service celebrates 120 years
By Julie MitchellJuly 26, 2015
DALLAS - For the Army & Air Force Exchange Service, 120 years of support to Soldiers and Airmen calls for a party.About 2,000 Exchange associates gathered on the lawn of the Exchange's Dallas headquarters July 23 to celebrate 12 decades of service to Soldiers, Airmen, retirees and military families. Cake and a picnic with Subway sandwiches, prepared by Exchange senior leaders, rounded out the festivities."We are here celebrating 120 years because of your steadfast dedication," Exchange Director/CEO Tom Shull told associates. "Inspired by a love of country, you go where they go. 120 years after our founding, we remain family serving family."On July 25, 1895, the War Department issued General Orders 46 directing commanders to establish an exchange at every post. Since then, exchanges have faithfully served alongside service members wherever they are called to serve.Today, when military members deploy to remote locations around the world, the Exchange is with them, offering products and services to bring troops a taste of home. Since 9/11, more than 4,400 Exchange associates have deployed."We've gone where they've gone, and you better believe we're going where they're going," Shull said. "Here's to another 120 years of serving those who serve."
- July 31, 2020Clothing exchange helps USAG Wiesbaden community look SHARP
- July 30, 2020Fort Sill chaplain finds his calling serving Soldiers
- July 28, 2020NDTA-USTRANSCOM fall meeting offers a comprehensive virtual agenda
- July 20, 2020EAGLE RISING -- WOCC, MOAA induct 23rd member into distinguished society
- July 16, 2020Eighth Annual National Defense Transportation Association-U.S. Transportation Command Fall Meeting to be Conducted Virtually October 5-8
- July 9, 2020Fort Leavenworth Education Center adjusts for pandemic
- July 2, 2020Female Soldiers, JGSDF members on Camp Zama share experiences as women in workforce
- June 25, 2020Fort Sill PXtra reopens after renovations
- June 19, 2020Coming soon: online tool for USASMDC industry partners
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020Tank-automotive and Armaments Command takes part in Michigan Defense Expo
- May 28, 2020Army’s C5ISR Center to host virtual technical interchange with industry
- May 21, 2020Quarterly visit puts virtual spotlight on ASC’s people and mission