Fort Belvoir contracting office welcomes new leader
By Ryan Mattox, Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeJune 19, 2015
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas (June 19, 2015) -- The Mission and Installation Contracting Command welcomed a new leader during a June 17 ceremony at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Lt. Col. Jonathan Patrick assumed command from Lt. Col. Maria Schneider in the ceremony officiated by Col. Carol Tschida, commander of the 419th Contracting Support Brigade at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Patrick comes to MICC-Fort Belvoir after serving as an assignment officer with the Human Resources Command at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Schneider departs for a DOD fellowship with Amazon Web services.Tschida praised Schneider for her success in command of MICC-Fort Belvoir and providing the leadership to guide the office through some complex issues."Our CG uses this office to solve wicked problems in a complex acquisition environment, and under Lt. Col. Maria Schneider's leadership, they lead the pack," Tschida said. "In addition to fielding the Contracting Tactical Operations Center application to MICC offices, this office provides acquisition and administration support in supplies, services and construction for all activities on the installation as well as tenant and satellite activities. Maria is a leader who understands it is her responsibility to initiate momentum and to work to establish a culture of momentum. She created a culture that her team wanted to excel in; one where they felt like a part of something that's alive and dynamic. It is refreshing to work with a leader like Maria who is humble and always gives credit to her team."Tschida introduced Patrick as being a tough and fair leader."I felt like I won the lottery when I saw Patrick's name," Tschida said. "I knew I was getting another top tier commander. JP has a reputation for being smart and articulate, a leader who takes care of his people, and one who never fails. I well know his value and the contributions of his service. Among his many strengths, he's principled, he's thoughtful and deliberate, and he's a team player. This office is blessed to have his leadership."Tschida concluded her remarks, telling Patrick to continue being himself and to be an informed leader."I charge you to be an informed leader so that this organization can successfully execute mission command, and so that we remain synchronized and ever engaged with our customers," Tschida said. "Ensure our Soldiers are trained and ready and that they remain relevant and capable of executing their mission … when they are called upon."Patrick said he is humbled and honored to lead the contracting office."I look forward to working with each and every one of you to continue the world class support this office provides to Fort Belvoir and our supported installation and activities," he said. "We have a complex mission in an environment of increasing demands, and I am confident that we will continue to accomplish it."The MICC-Fort Belvoir provides operational contracting and acquisition management support to the assigned DOD and Army military organizations within the prescribed area of responsibility for MICC-Fort Belvoir. It also provides trained and deployable contracting capability to the operating force.
- August 11, 2020Michigan company to dredge Ontonagon Harbor
- August 6, 2020INSCOM welcomes 16th Command Sergeant Major
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020NEW ISSUE OF ARMY AL&T EXPLORES ‘FIELDING THE FUTURE’
- July 17, 2020Reserve Soldiers modernize logistics center in COVID-19 fight
- July 16, 2020Army awards contract for Hybrid Electric prototype