1st TSC SHARP Amazing Race
By Staff Sgt. Josephine AmpleyApril 27, 2015
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - 1st Sustainment Command (Theater) Soldiers participated in the Sexual Harassment/Assault Response Program (SHARP) Amazing Race at the 1st TSC headquarters building April 22.
The event was held in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (SAAPM) and afforded the unit victim advocates the opportunity to implement structured training.UVAs provide crisis intervention, referral and ongoing non-clinical support to sexual assault victims 24 hours a day, seven days a week."My idea of the 'Amazing Race' was actually based on the TV show, but the concept of the game I got from when I was deployed to Kuwait with the SHARP representatives at U.S. Army Central," said Chief Warrant Officer 4 Cheryl Monroe, battalion Sexual Assault Response coordinator and native of Atlanta.The purpose of the training was to build unit cohesion and ensure Soldiers retained the knowledge they learned during previous SHARP training.
During the training, teams as small as two and no larger as 10 were given a map and had to travel on foot from one station to another to answer questions pertaining to the SHARP program, said Monroe.
Depending on the difficulty, teams would accumulate between five to 15 points for each question answered correctly.Soldiers appreciated the change of pace from the classroom environment and surprised themselves with how much they actually retained.
"I liked that it was interactive," said Spc. Melissa Bowles, Orderly Room clerk and native of Victorville, California. "I actually discovered that I knew a lot more about SHARP than I give myself credit for."
The event will conclude with an awards ceremony on April 28 to recognize the winning team of the race.
"The Soldiers did excellent," said Sgt. 1st Class Shemeka Watkins, G4 Maintenance noncommissioned officer in charge. "At every station, you would see them working together trying to answer questions."
For more information about SHARP and SAAPM visit http://www.sexualassault.army.mil.(The 1st Sustainment Command (Theater) provides Single Sustainment Mission Command to Army, Joint, and Multinational Forces in support of U.S. Central Command Unified Land Operations in order to enable the combatant commander's ability to prevent, shape, and win our nation's wars.)Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/1stTheaterSustainmentCommand
- June 5, 2020SPO executive director promoted into Senior Executive Service at ASC
- June 5, 2020First Army partners work through backlog and enable Soldiers to get on with their missions
- June 5, 2020Garrison CYS youths take first, second in European competition
- June 4, 2020New Commander, New Mission: 10th MDSB welcomes Miller
- June 3, 20201st Cav. Div. arrives in Poland while adhering to stringent COVID countermeasures
- June 2, 202025th Sustainment Brigade holds ammunition training
- May 29, 2020New commander takes reins of 13th ESC
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 28, 2020Engineering Acquisition
- May 22, 2020Sustaining operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- May 21, 202010th Sustainment Brigade Soldier inducted into SAMC
- May 21, 2020Quarterly visit puts virtual spotlight on ASC’s people and mission
- May 12, 2020PHC-P Soldier recognized as 2020 MEDCOM Exceptional SARC
- May 11, 2020The 311th ESC conducts its first Virtual Battle Assembly