240th Army Birthday
By Frank O'BrienApril 30, 2015
WASHINGTON -- Tickets for the 2015 Army Birthday Ball celebrating "240 Years of Selfless Service to the Nation" will go on sale on May 4. The 2015 Army Birthday Ball will be held at the Washington Hilton, located at 1919 Connecticut Ave., NW, from 5 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, June 13.
Information about the Ball can be found at Army Knowledge Online (AKO) https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/692317. The page will include a link to the registration site when ticket sales open in May. Tickets may be purchased by active-duty, Army Reserve and Army National Guard Soldiers, Army family members, Department of the Army civilians, government contractors, Army retirees and Army veterans. Ticket registration will remain open until all tickets are sold and are expected to sell quickly.
Shuttle buses will run throughout from 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Pentagon South Parking to the Hilton and again from 8:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. from the Hilton to the Pentagon. Guests are strongly encouraged to use the shuttle or take public transportation. Very limited parking is available at the hotel and in nearby garages. Additional information regarding parking, transportation, menu, ticket prices, etc. will be posted on the AKO Birthday Ball site.
The Army Birthday Ball is a formal event, and the attire for civilians is formal evening wear or black tie. Military uniform is the Army Service Uniform; Dress Blues/Dress Mess/Class A with white shirt and bow tie (or equivalent for other services).
This year's entertainment will be provided by the U.S. Army Soldier Show, Jazz Ambassadors, Army Voices and Dixieland Jazz Band.For questions about registration and ticket purchases, please contact the ABB Help Desk, 202-430-6482, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm EST, or by email email@example.com.
- October 19, 2020New terminal scanner screens temperatures to improve safety
- October 19, 2020Army recruiters help WWII Veteran fulfill lifelong dream
- October 16, 2020Historic V Corps activates at Fort Knox on ‘picture perfect’ day
- October 19, 2020Army to research additive manufacturing with University of Maryland
- October 16, 2020Senior leaders discuss housing reform, quality of life initiatives
- October 16, 2020Medical research director: Army ‘uniquely poised’ to battle global pandemic
- October 16, 2020Human testing for Army Medicine-led coronavirus vaccines in sight
- October 18, 2020Army National Guard continues vital national security role
- October 15, 2020Army leaders: Taking care of people will help take care of the force
- October 15, 2020SMA talks ‘This is My Squad’ with company-level leaders
- October 15, 2020Esper discusses new technologies designed to give warfighters the advantage
- October 15, 2020Army 3D printed holography device rapidly detects, characterizes aerosols
- October 14, 2020Leaders credit national framework for effective COVID-19 response