240th Army Birthday
By Frank O'BrienApril 30, 2015
WASHINGTON -- Tickets for the 2015 Army Birthday Ball celebrating "240 Years of Selfless Service to the Nation" will go on sale on May 4. The 2015 Army Birthday Ball will be held at the Washington Hilton, located at 1919 Connecticut Ave., NW, from 5 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, June 13.
Information about the Ball can be found at Army Knowledge Online (AKO) https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/692317. The page will include a link to the registration site when ticket sales open in May. Tickets may be purchased by active-duty, Army Reserve and Army National Guard Soldiers, Army family members, Department of the Army civilians, government contractors, Army retirees and Army veterans. Ticket registration will remain open until all tickets are sold and are expected to sell quickly.
Shuttle buses will run throughout from 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Pentagon South Parking to the Hilton and again from 8:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. from the Hilton to the Pentagon. Guests are strongly encouraged to use the shuttle or take public transportation. Very limited parking is available at the hotel and in nearby garages. Additional information regarding parking, transportation, menu, ticket prices, etc. will be posted on the AKO Birthday Ball site.
The Army Birthday Ball is a formal event, and the attire for civilians is formal evening wear or black tie. Military uniform is the Army Service Uniform; Dress Blues/Dress Mess/Class A with white shirt and bow tie (or equivalent for other services).
This year's entertainment will be provided by the U.S. Army Soldier Show, Jazz Ambassadors, Army Voices and Dixieland Jazz Band.For questions about registration and ticket purchases, please contact the ABB Help Desk, 202-430-6482, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm EST, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 25, 2020Army to build on results from first Project Convergence exercise
- September 25, 2020Leaders seek feedback on how to improve inclusion in the Army
- September 25, 2020Veteran couple brews up successful business thanks to military skills
- September 28, 2020Army North's new senior enlisted advisor reflects on COVID-19 response
- September 24, 2020Army seeks funding to modernize ammo manufacturing capabilities
- September 24, 2020For Massachusetts Soldier, path to military service was a spiritual one
- September 21, 2020Emily’s Way: Gold Star Mother shares daughter’s inspiring story
- September 24, 2020Three simple steps can help save someone from brink of suicide
- September 23, 2020‘Warrior’ leaders safely deploy to Leadership Training Program
- September 23, 2020Medical brigade supports COVID-19 drive-thru testing
- September 24, 2020Space Soldier mobilizes to fight pandemic
- September 23, 2020Army to host Tactical Assault Kit virtual workshop for industry, federal agencies
- September 22, 2020Holocaust survivor to receive top military police medal