Spotlight on … Lucy Vessels
By Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeApril 7, 2015
Lucy Vessels is a branch chief and acting division chief for the contracts division at Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Knox, Kentucky. She recently took extra steps to identify relevant characteristics for previously brand-name only software and pushed for increased competition with contract actions under Computer Hardware Enterprise Software and Solutions, or CHESS. CHESS is the Army's designated primary source for commercial information technology that provides a no-fee, flexible procurement strategy through which an Army user may procure commercial, off-the-shelf IT hardware, software and services via an e-commerce based process.Describe your current position:
I ensure all contract actions are worked efficiently and timely in order to support our Soldiers. These contract actions provide goods and services that the warfighter needs in order to execute their mission.What attracted you to work for the Army?
I was looking for something closer to home and that would challenge me. Contracting is a field in which you learn something new every day.Where do you call home? Do you have family?
I live in Brandenburg, Kentucky. My husband and I have three children, a daughter and two sons. My daughter will start college in the fall, and my youngest son will start kindergarten. Our weeknights are spent at the ballpark watching our sons play baseball. Our weekends are spent camping and boating.What is your greatest satisfaction in performing your job?
My greatest satisfaction is knowing what I do everyday supports our warfighters.What would you like others to know about you?
I am a team player.
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters
- July 20, 2020IG serves as eyes, ears, voice, conscience of commander
- July 16, 2020Army awards contract for Hybrid Electric prototype