Fort Lee contracting office provides acquisition forecast
By Shannon Western, Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Lee contracting officeApril 1, 2015
FORT LEE, Virginia (April 1, 2015) -- The Mission and Installation Contracting Command contracting office staff at Fort Lee, Virginia, conducted its second acquisition forecast event March 17 at the Fort Lee Playhouse.MICC-Fort Lee's contracting officers discussed a variety of topics that were presented to more than 85 registered attendees representing small-business concerns throughout the area and as far away as New York."The outreach event provided the contracting office an opportunity to re-establish a foundation with its small business program by developing new relationships and providing training material to further assist small businesses with the knowledge and opportunities to become more effective as they continue to learn how to do business with the Army," said Maj. Jessica Sexton, the acting director for MICC-Fort Lee. "One of the great takeaways of the event was that each business was afforded the opportunity to share a little bit about who they are and what they do. They were able to also network within each other, cultivating future opportunities for themselves."Planning and coordination for this event started in late 2014, with the MICC-Fort Lee leaders spearheading the preparation. The event began with a brief introduction and welcome from MICC-Fort Lee leadership and was followed by presentations from contracting officers Patsy Simmons, Randy Saunders and Peyton Rowley, and contracting specialist Donald Randles.Large and small businesses were able to connect with each other as well as connect with MICC-Fort Lee contracting officers and specialists.Attendees provided feedback wanting the contracting office to conduct more acquisition forecast open houses and provide more consistent updates on upcoming requirements. Attendees praised MICC-Fort Lee officials for hosting the event and allowing them a sufficient amount of time to network.The next acquisition forecast outreach event for Fort Lee is June 17.Headquartered at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas, the MICC is responsible for providing contracting support for the warfighter at Army commands, installations and activities located throughout the continental United States and Puerto Rico. In fiscal 2014, the command executed more than 37,000 contract actions worth more than $5.6 billion across the Army. The command also managed more than 633,000 Government Purchase Card Program transactions in fiscal 2014 valued at an additional $783 million.
- August 3, 2020Uniquely experienced officer takes charge of 16th Ord. Bn.
- August 3, 2020McDevitt wraps up tour as first female ADFSD deputy director
- July 31, 2020Transportation Corps, 58th Trans. Bn. observe anniversaries one day apart
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS