2nd BCT will deploy on Resolute Support mission this spring
By U.S. ArmyMarch 5, 2015
FORT DRUM, N.Y. -- Elements from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (LI), will deploy to southern Afghanistan in support of Resolute Support Mission during the spring and summer.The roughly 1,660 Soldiers will serve as advisers to the Afghan National Security Forces, protecting U.S. forces on bases or work on the Train Advise Assist Command -- South staff.
The deployment is expected to last nine months."We are going to focus on helping the Afghan National Security Forces refine their plan so their capabilities outlast our presence, said Col. David S. Doyle, 2nd Brigade Combat Team commander. "Our team, including both our Soldiers and Families, is the right organization to take on this mission."The brigade's last deployment ended in October 2013. This will be the brigade's fourth deployment to Afghanistan.The brigade recently completed a monthlong training exercise at the Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, La.
- July 2, 2020Clean fuel keeps the Army rolling
- July 2, 2020“108th, 11th ADA BDE Conducts Transfer of Authority”
- July 1, 2020So, You want to be a Logistician?
- July 1, 2020Army airborne task force descends onto Guam
- July 1, 2020Raider Retention; Mission Accomplished
- July 1, 202030 years of dedicated military service comes full circle at the 48th Chemical Brigade
- June 30, 2020SDDC’s HHD changes command
- June 27, 2020Hilberg takes command of 599th Transportation Brigade
- June 26, 2020100th Missile Defense Brigade conducts unique training
- June 26, 2020Bayonet Brigade welcomes new commander
- June 25, 2020599th Transportation Brigade specialist keeps information flowing
- June 23, 2020Bosnia Bob Completes Sixth Deployment
- June 22, 2020Greywolf Brigade Changes Command
- June 15, 2020New Beginnings: Fort Carson infantry brigade converts to Stryker brigade
- June 2, 2020919th CBN Soldiers forge successes during Afghanistan deployment