2nd BCT will deploy on Resolute Support mission this spring
By U.S. ArmyMarch 5, 2015
FORT DRUM, N.Y. -- Elements from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (LI), will deploy to southern Afghanistan in support of Resolute Support Mission during the spring and summer.
The roughly 1,660 Soldiers will serve as advisers to the Afghan National Security Forces, protecting U.S. forces on bases or work on the Train Advise Assist Command -- South staff.
The deployment is expected to last nine months.
"We are going to focus on helping the Afghan National Security Forces refine their plan so their capabilities outlast our presence, said Col. David S. Doyle, 2nd Brigade Combat Team commander. "Our team, including both our Soldiers and Families, is the right organization to take on this mission."
The brigade's last deployment ended in October 2013. This will be the brigade's fourth deployment to Afghanistan.
The brigade recently completed a monthlong training exercise at the Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, La.
- October 9, 2019Engineer unit's equipment loaded on railcars at Fort McCoy for deployment
- October 2, 2019Camp Walker celebrates opening of 2nd Army Family Housing tower
- October 1, 2019First Army Commander visits Gold Star Mothers at Chicagoland luncheon
- October 1, 2019Winning War Using Capabilities of the Sustainment Enterprise: Forward Repair Activity
- September 24, 2019Soldier takes 1st in Army, 2nd overall in Alpha Warrior competition
- September 24, 2019Casualty training in a contingency environment
- September 19, 2019Engaged worldwide: Engineer brigade saves millions while deployed
- September 17, 2019Green Beret killed by small arms fire in Afghanistan
- September 13, 2019514th SMC prepares to deploy in support of Operation Inherent Resolve
- September 12, 2019Afghanistan District reflects on 9/11 while currently serving
- September 12, 2019Lancer Brigade Deploys to the National Training Center
- September 12, 2019Lancers Deploy to National Training Center
- September 12, 2019410th CSB returns home from deployment
- September 12, 2019From Deployment to Retirement: Sgt. 1st Class Phillip E. Bell
- September 12, 201998th Conducts Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercises while Deployed