Presidio reaches out to service members during Military Saves Week
By Michael Beaton, Presidio of Monterey Public AffairsMarch 3, 2015
PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, Calif. -- Presidio of Monterey service members from the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center signed up for free financial-planning advice and informational materials at the mid-POM Java Cafe during Military Saves Week Feb. 23 - 28.
To help people save more successfully and encourage more people to save, the Presidio of Monterey partnered with Central Coast Federal Credit Union to offer military community members, families and DOD civilians financial-planning assistance to help service members achieve their goals.
Military Saves Week is an annual opportunity for installations and organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for service members and their families to assess their own saving status. Typically thousands of organizations participate in the week, reaching millions of people, according to the organization's website.
To learn more about Military Saves Week, visit www.militarysaves.org.
- June 25, 2019210th Field Artillery Brigade hosts CLEP closing ceremony
- June 25, 2019Presidio resident saves infant daughter's life thanks to CPR course
- June 24, 2019Security assistance enterprise tightens supply chain
- June 24, 2019Army researchers developing Augmented Reality software for field care
- June 21, 2019Monterey-based Soldiers celebrate Army birthday, cut cake, dance
- June 17, 2019LEMC strategy improves readiness and provides cost savings
- June 13, 2019Stop, look, listen, save a life
- June 12, 2019Officer represents Qatar to boost helicopter fleet
- May 30, 2019"National Stop the Bleed Day" Crowd Learns Life Skills, Life-Saving Lessons
- May 30, 2019Blackwell receives OUSD award for Foreign Comparative Testing program
- May 30, 2019Work by Natick engineer saves equipment and money
- May 29, 2019CASO hosts panel on leveraging culture and language in Influence Operations
- May 24, 2019Complex system of dams turns 50, saves Oregon $1 billion annually
- May 22, 2019Foreign partners make historic trip to White House
- May 22, 2019Stuttgart students help to save the environment in outdoor classroom