2015 Senior Leader Message: Celebrating Martin Luther King Day Tri-signed letter
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 12, 2015
"A Century of Black Life, History and Culture"
Each February, the Army honors the remarkable contributions of African American men and women in the building of our great Nation. This year as we recognize "A Century of Black Life, History and Culture," we celebrate the profound resilience and perseverance of past generations and the realization of dreams shared by many Americans today.
African Americans from all walks of life have long served as champions of social and political change and it is the privilege of our Nation to pay tribute to that rich legacy.
The United States Army has long been a model for embracing the strengths of cultural diversity. For countless generations, outstanding African Americans both Soldiers and Civilians have given unselfishly of their time and talent to ensure the success and vibrancy of the Nation.
During African American History Month, we ask our entire Army Family to publicly commemorate the significant contributions that help make our Army what is today - the premiere fighting force in the world. Army Strong!
- December 6, 2018ADA commandant, chief promoted to brigadier general
- December 6, 2018Biomedical Research Workshop Enhances Scientific Collaboration in Support of the Warfighter
- December 6, 2018RDECOM's road map to modernizing the Army: Next Generation Combat Vehicle
- December 3, 2018Army launches xTechSearch 2.0 to continue search for next generation technology
- December 3, 2018Maryland National Guard leader speaks to youth at American Corners event
- November 30, 2018Soldier for Life -- Transition Assistance Program magazine launched
- November 30, 2018Soldier for Life - Transition Assistance Program launches Hire a Soldier magazine
- November 29, 2018Texas Soldier donates life-saving stem cells
- November 26, 2018RHC-P commanding general celebrates Thanksgiving with soldiers
- November 21, 2018Botswana to host ALFS 2019
- November 16, 2018Soldier for Life
- November 16, 2018Recognizing the early voices of our nation
- November 13, 2018American Soldier Fights for His Country in Afghanistan while Chasing the American Dream for Family i
- November 8, 2018NY National Guard hosts South African Defense partners
- November 7, 2018World War I African-American vet inspiration to grandson