2015 Senior Leader Message: Celebrating Martin Luther King Day Tri-signed letter
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 12, 2015
"A Century of Black Life, History and Culture"
Each February, the Army honors the remarkable contributions of African American men and women in the building of our great Nation. This year as we recognize "A Century of Black Life, History and Culture," we celebrate the profound resilience and perseverance of past generations and the realization of dreams shared by many Americans today.
African Americans from all walks of life have long served as champions of social and political change and it is the privilege of our Nation to pay tribute to that rich legacy.
The United States Army has long been a model for embracing the strengths of cultural diversity. For countless generations, outstanding African Americans both Soldiers and Civilians have given unselfishly of their time and talent to ensure the success and vibrancy of the Nation.
During African American History Month, we ask our entire Army Family to publicly commemorate the significant contributions that help make our Army what is today - the premiere fighting force in the world. Army Strong!
- November 9, 2017Post event honors Native Americans
- November 9, 2017Army jumpmaster instructor's pride in Native American heritage transfers to mission focus
- November 9, 2017Pursue degree goals during American Education Week
- November 9, 2017SMDC History: The Army's newest post
- November 7, 2017Renewed Street Brings Fresh Vitality to Korean-American Friendship
- November 7, 2017U.S. and Korean Vietnam Veterans Honored
- November 7, 2017Lions learn history of munitions production in 'backyard'
- November 6, 2017RWBAHC Staff Contemplates Fort Huachuca's Medical History During Staff Ride
- November 6, 2017National American Indian Heritage Month
- November 6, 2017Soldier-linguist and Afghan native fulfills his American Dream
- November 1, 2017Battle Group Poland experiences Polish history
- October 27, 2017Opioid addiction is a real illness and a national crisis that you can end
- October 27, 2017Army records management moves to 21st century
- October 26, 2017Celebrating a Century of Medical Service for Our Troops
- October 26, 2017TACOM's history -- October 1967: "ATAC liaison and training division is worldwide operation"
- October 26, 2017Meet the Mayors brings Italians, Americans together