Arlington National Cemetery to host Veterans Day ceremony
By ANC Public AffairsNovember 10, 2008
WASHINGTON (Nov. 10, 2008) -- The 55th Annual National Veterans Day Observance will take place at Arlington National Cemetery Tuesday at 11 a.m.
Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs Dr. James B. Peake, Military District of Washington Commander Maj. Gen. Richard J. Rowe Jr., and Superintendent of Arlington National Cemetery John C. Metzler Jr. will host the event in honor of all past and present members of the U.S. armed forces who served and continue to serve in defense of the nation.
An Armed Forces Full Honor Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns will take place at 11 a.m. and the National Veterans Day Observance program will commence in the amphitheater immediately following the wreath ceremony. The event is free and open to the public.
The cemetery gates will open to the public at 8 a.m. and a free shuttle service will run from the Visitors Center to the Memorial Amphitheater. Shuttles will run from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Seating in the amphitheater is on a first come-first first-serve basis.
For more information, please contact the Arlington National Cemetery information line at (703)607-8000 or visit www.arlingtoncemetery.org, www.va.gov, or www.mdw.army.mil for further information.
- December 6, 2017704th Military Intelligence Brigade hosts change of responsibility
- December 6, 2017704th Military Intelligence Brigade hosts change of responsibility ceremony
- December 6, 2017704th Military Intelligence Brigade hosts a change of responsibility ceremony
- December 5, 2017SMDC hosts Team Redstone National American Indian Heritage Month Observance
- December 1, 2017Warrior Division hosts change of responsibility ceremony Dec. 1
- December 1, 2017Eighth Army SHARP hosts the inaugural SHARP Summit
- November 30, 2017The Landing hosts Breakfast with Santa
- November 30, 2017Pennsylvania National Guard Medical Battalion Training Site hosts enlisted leadership
- November 30, 2017Deployed Army Central, partnered forces observe Veterans, Remembrance Day
- November 29, 2017Sustainment Soldiers support Paducah Veterans Day parade
- November 24, 2017Veterans Day celebrations honor current, former troops for heroism, sacrifices
- November 21, 2017Teenagers honor veterans at Maryland high school
- November 20, 201765th Medical Brigade hosts healthcare training symposium
- November 17, 2017Veterans Day event on Waianae Coast honors veterans, past and present
- November 17, 2017Titans celebrate veterans day with 101st
- November 17, 2017Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day