U.S. Army Public Health Command Region-Europe Commander Col. James Boles, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Europe District Commander Col. Matthew Tyler and Europe Regional Medical Command Commander Brig. Gen. Norvell Coots cut the ribbon officially opening the PHCR-E renovated laboratory facility on Landstuhl Regional Medical Center Oct. 15. The labs, which conduct soil and water testing for units throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East, are housed in a building that was originally built as a barracks for the German Army in 1938. The ceremony also dedicated the new customer service wing to Dr. Charles Statham who was the laboratory director for more than 20 years before retiring recently.