Spotlight on … Staff Sgt. Seung Choi
By Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeSeptember 16, 2014
Describe your current position:
I am a contract specialist for the 720th Contingency Contracting Team, 904th Contracting Battalion at Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Knox, Kentucky. We provide installation support to various commands such as Training and Doctrine Command, Medical Command, Installation Management Command and Headquarters Department of the Army.Describe your passion for the job:
My passion for my job is to ensure our warfighters get what's needed on time to support the mission through responsive and innovative support. I advise supporting units on the most beneficial acquisition strategies to support the mission and meet the social and the economic impacts desired. This is a great career field because this military occupational specialty requires multifunctional, adaptive, motivation, dedication and high energy with the utmost Army professionalism.Where do you call home? Do you have family?
I was born in Seoul, South Korea; however, my family moved to California. Therefore, I call California home. I met my wife when I was stationed in San Diego as a Marine. My wife is from California and has been a great support for my military career. I like to run and have completed multiple full marathons. I enjoy traveling with my wife when I have spare time. I am currently working on my Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in procurement and acquisitions management.How does your job support the warfighter?
We support the Soldier and their families through the acquisition of commodities and services for the Soldier's mission and welfare even after their military service.What would you like others to know about you?
I have been fortunate to have excellent leadership, to include military and civilians. I also have great mentors that provide guidance that enhances my military career. MICC-Fort Knox has a massive workload; however, our professionalism and camaraderie allows us to accomplish the mission throughout the end of fiscal year.
- August 11, 2020Michigan company to dredge Ontonagon Harbor
- August 10, 2020Once Again, for the First Time: Shoemaker Joins USAMRDC Team to Tackle Pandemic
- August 10, 2020First Army Division East welcomes new commander
- August 7, 2020Departing Chief of staff reflects on his time with First Army
- August 7, 2020Front door, front line: Pharmacy operations adjust to keep pace during pandemic
- August 6, 2020Kentucky National Guardsmen conduct field artillery training at Fort Knox ranges
- August 6, 2020Barr library’s Authors at Your Library series will return Aug. 20 in virtual format
- August 6, 2020Medical Recruiting Brigade officer selected for Iron Majors Week
- August 6, 2020Fort Knox to host Virtual SHARP Walk/Run Sept. 1-30 in honor of 7,825 survivors in 2019
- August 5, 2020Some intramural sports programs to return at Fort Knox, with caveats
- August 5, 2020Fort Knox officials remind residents, employees about firearms regulations
- July 29, 2020Drawing on support — Garrison leaders donate blood at American Red Cross event
- July 27, 2020U.S. Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade changes leadership at Fort Knox ceremony